Author Topic: Akon's Call for African-Americans to Move to Africa Draws Mixed Reactions  (Read 713 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Briefly.co.za
by  Zimvo Radana
Friday, April 21, 2023
  • Akon shared his ambitious goal of getting as many African-Americans as possible to move back to Africa
  • Akon's statements sparked a flurry of reactions on social media, with some supporting his idea, while others criticised his generalisations and approach
  • Akon's comments have ignited debates about the feasibility and implications of African-Americans moving back to Africa
(more)
https://briefly.co.za/entertainment/celebrities/157902-akons-call-african-americans-move-africa-draws-mixed-reactions/

https://twitter.com/DailyLoud/status/1649181122838908931?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1649181122838908931%7Ctwgr%5Ef1f3bbc0e20c5f0924dcc84ccbf5c5e1fa439c1d%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbriefly.co.za%2Fentertainment%2Fcelebrities%2F157902-akons-call-african-americans-move-africa-draws-mixed-reactions%2F
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Move to Liberia, where they dress in women's clothes and regularly cannibalize each other. But at least they don't have privilege.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Be careful with this guys. They are watching us, just waiting for anyone to say something stupid.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@JimmyNYC23 tweeted: "Sounds great except we got here because Africans over there sold us to Europeans."
https://briefly.co.za/entertainment/celebrities/157902-akons-call-african-americans-move-africa-draws-mixed-reactions/

well, finally someone said it...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I've heard a number of Africans who don't like Black Americans. At all.

This is why you don't go by race. Two groups racially the same but culturally separated by 400 years of history and thousands of miles rarely still have much in common.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
African American, Elon Musk declined the invitation.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

You'll be missed, Charlize Theron.   8888crybaby

« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 08:24:56 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
As I understand history, the original plan was to relocate all Black people in America to Liberia, Africa after the Civil War. However, U.S. plantation owners and some manufacturers opposed the plan because they wanted cheap labor (sounds familiar today doesn't it). Black workers were paid for work after the war, but how and what they were paid was up to the employer. Like the Virginia coal miners for example.

In fact, there is a historical thesis that Booth assassinated Lincoln not because of the war, but specifically because he would have rid the South and America of the Black workforce on which they had become dependent.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It would be silly for any of them to leave before they got their reparations.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Be careful with this guys. They are watching us, just waiting for anyone to say something stupid.

Worth repeating..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I've considered southern Africa (Namibia, Botswana) as fallbacks if this American experiment self-destructs.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online libertybele

My father went to Africa years ago and brought back pictures; it is absolutely beautiful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

I had to look up who the heck Akon is. lol