Author Topic: DIE Means the Death of Military Professionalism  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DIE Means the Death of Military Professionalism
« on: April 21, 2023, 06:57:04 pm »
April 21, 2023
DIE Means the Death of Military Professionalism
By John Cauthen
Recent studies and reporting have highlighted the military's recruiting challenges for fiscal year 2022 with dire projections of future shortfalls in coming years.  The reasons for recruiting deficits are many and complex, but one major factor is regressing civilian trust and confidence in the military.  Since 2018, from record highs at the end of last century and into the post-9/11 era, positive civilian impressions of the military plummeted.  This decreased trust is, in no small measure, due to bipartisan public perceptions of a politicized military from both the left and right.

A 2022 Ronald Reagan Institute survey noted that half of respondents attributed military politicization to a "woke" agenda.  It is a sentiment certainly shared by some in civilian leadership and many current military members and veterans.

The Reagan Institute polling does not define "woke."  Ipsos polling, however, suggests that the meaning of "woke" can be fluid.  Although "woke" may have different definitions, for many, it is associated prominently with Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity (DIE).

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/04/die_means_the_death_of_military_professionalism.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: DIE Means the Death of Military Professionalism
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 07:17:25 pm »
Speaking as a veteran, I would never recommend or encourage anyone to join the military today.
It is so completely different from what I experienced, I would not last six months today.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.