Author Topic: Electric Vehicle Charging is Not as Cheap as You Think  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electric Vehicle Charging is Not as Cheap as You Think
« on: April 21, 2023, 06:52:56 pm »

Electric Vehicle Charging is Not as Cheap as You Think
Story by Ben McKimm • 12h ago

Cheaper running costs are something you immediately associate with EV ownership, and while true on paper, I’ve found public charging is a lot more expensive than you might think.

I love electric vehicles, but my EV-curious friends and work colleagues are often shocked at just how expensive it is to charge one on the public network in Australia. If you ignore the useless AC chargers and focus strictly on DC chargers that provide 50kW or higher and the price of charging becomes a real cost to consider when purchasing your new EV, especially once prices start edging closer to $1.00/kWh.

Is it cheaper than petrol? Of course, but the margin isn’t as wide as you’d expect.

In this article, I’ll be talking about my personal experience with the public charging network in Sydney, Australia, across a range of public charging networks such as BP Pulse, ChargeFox, Evie, and Ampol. I’ll also be sharing a few things to consider before purchasing your new EV if you want to avoid spending too much time and money at a public charger.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/electric-vehicle-charging-is-not-as-cheap-as-you-think/ar-AA1a8vvo?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=294cc93420b442588b1d60c42fe9b3c6&ei=32
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson