Author Topic: Ken Paxton opens probe into Red Cross  (Read 235 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ken Paxton opens probe into Red Cross
« on: April 21, 2023, 05:31:09 pm »
Daily Caller by Jennie Taer on April 20, 2023

EXCLUSIVE: Texas AG Looking Into Red Cross After DCNF Report On Their Guides For US-Bound Migrants

Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said his office is reviewing information regarding the Red Cross after a Daily Caller News Foundation report found that the organization had guides for migrants trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border, he revealed exclusively to the DCNF in a sit-down interview.

Paxton noted that his office has yet to open any formal investigation into the matter, telling the DCNF that his team is “starting to gather facts and determine whether that is something we need to dedicate some of our resources to it.” The DCNF obtained the guides in February that showed routes to the U.S. border and provided a paper on what to do when encountering the dangers along the trip.

The American Red Cross sits on the board of the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Food and Shelter program that hands millions of dollars in U.S. taxpayer funding to nonprofit groups supporting migrants released into the U.S. interior.

More: https://dailycallernewsfoundation.org/2023/04/20/exclusive-texas-ag-looking-into-red-cross-after-dcnf-report-on-their-guides-for-us-bound-migrants/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ken Paxton opens probe into Red Cross
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 03:13:46 pm »
I haven't donated to the Red Cross in over 40 years, after I saw some stuff on the ground during a disaster. Everything I have learned about the organization since has only reinforced that decision.

Had the Salvation Army not gone 'woke',they would continue to get my donations instead.

Now I just send money to a couple of veterans groups.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis