Author Topic: The many disadvantages of electric cars  (Read 185 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The many disadvantages of electric cars
« on: April 21, 2023, 02:40:22 pm »
April 21, 2023
The many disadvantages of electric cars
By Uldis Sprogis

It is a myth that electric cars are green because they have no exhaust emissions. The fact is that, depending on the region, most electric grid power stations use fossil fuels such as dirty coal, gas, and petroleum. So, electric cars are not a green sustainable solution for now.

Under moderate temperatures most electric cars suffer from a limited average range of about 350 miles on a full charge, although some high-priced models can travel as far as 500 miles. This makes long trips by car rather difficult, especially since there is a dearth of electric charging stations along the interstate highways and within city limits.

It takes much longer to charge an electric car to full capacity than it does to fill up the tank of a gasoline car. Even with a fast charger the charge time is 20 minutes to an hour. This is not desirable if you are on a tight schedule where time is important to you. It is also a reason why obtaining a full charge at residential homes without fast chargers usually requires an overnight charging.

There is a very limited electric grid infrastructure which will take years to upgrade so we can’t all switch to driving electric cars in the near future even if we wanted to. Already noted is the paucity of charging station infrastructure which makes it very inconvenient when charging up your car away from home.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/04/the_many_disadvantages_of_electric_cars.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The many disadvantages of electric cars
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 02:47:04 pm »
The biggest issue I have with the electric car stuff is the Government taking away my ability to choose by criminalizing the internal combustion engine.

If an electric car makes sense for me, I'll choose to buy one.  If it doesn't, I don't want Government shoving one down my throat.

When electric cars are more price competitive and feature competetive, more people will buy them.  Until then, keep making them better.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 02:59:45 pm »
The biggest issue I have with the electric car stuff is the Government taking away my ability to choose by criminalizing the internal combustion engine.

If an electric car makes sense for me, I'll choose to buy one.  If it doesn't, I don't want Government shoving one down my throat.

When electric cars are more price competitive and feature competetive, more people will buy them.  Until then, keep making them better.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 03:15:31 pm »

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien