Author Topic: Sick Or Dying? Don’t Worry, We’re Cutting Carbon Emissions!  (Read 116 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sick Or Dying? Don’t Worry, We’re Cutting Carbon Emissions!
APRIL 20, 2023

By Paul Homewood

h/t Dennis Ambler

The NHS is in crisis. Waiting lists are at record levels, ambulances routinely queue outside A&E departments, and nurses and paramedics are pursuing industrial action.

But the NHS has bigger fish to fry!

Sustainable tech company Jump has been awarded a £690,000 contract from NHS England to develop a healthcare-specific carbon engagement tool designed to encourage NHS staff to reduce their carbon footprints.

The funding has been awarded as part of the second phase of a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) Healthcare competition, an Accelerated Access Collaborative (AAC) initiative championed by Academic Health Science Networks. The competition was run in partnership with the Greener NHS programme.

The new tool will be a healthcare-specific development of Jump’s existing employee engagement platform, which is currently used by 22 NHS trusts in the UK.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/04/20/sick-or-dying-dont-worry-were-cutting-carbon-emissions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson