Author Topic: Biden Gifts A Billion Taxpayer Dollars To U.N.’s Green Climate Slush Fund  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY SIMON KENT ON APR 20, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden Gifts A Billion Taxpayer Dollars To U.N.’s Green Climate Slush Fund

The U.N.’s flagship Green Climate Fund (GCF) will be $1 billion richer from Thursday after President Joe Biden gifts it a cash donation courtesy of U.S. taxpayers.

Biden will announce the billion-dollar largesse, effectively doubling the overall U.S. contribution, to the organization that finances “low-carbon and climate-resilient projects in developing countries” while leading a push away from fossil fuels. [emphasis, links added]

The announcement will be made during a virtual meeting of the Major Economies Forum on Energy and Climate (MEF).

The president will also request $500 million over five years to support anti-deforestation efforts in Brazil – though Congress often does not allocate funds that the president asks for, according to a White House fact sheet.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-gifts-a-billion-taxpayer-dollars-to-u-n-s-green-climate-slush-fund/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson