Author Topic: Alvin Bragg promises not to prosecute theft to establish 'racial equity' balance: 'Crime of poverty'  (Read 1158 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 20, 2023 5:30pm EDT
Alvin Bragg promises not to prosecute theft to establish 'racial equity' balance: 'Crime of poverty'
During the meeting, Bragg promised he would create a fracture between the New York City Police Department and the Manhattan DA office
By Hannah Grossman | Fox News

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said during his campaign that racial equity needed to be a priority and that he didn't believe thievery should be prosecuted since it was a "crime of poverty."

During the May 2021 meeting, Bragg articulated his intention to focus on racial equity instead of prosecuting theft.

"I grew up with friends disappearing over charges like that (theft) and even if there is an alternative [to incarceration, such as diversion programs, there is a] consequence of disruption for the family. We need to asking, 'Does something make us safer?' And prosecuting a young person, even if it doesn't end in incarceration [such as in diversion programs], in my view does not make us safer," he said. "I think we need to move away from what I would call a crime of poverty."

Bragg was speaking to a group from Young New Yorkers in May 2021. The organization "applies a racial justice framework to… all levels of operations" as it diverts individuals facing charges under the age of 25 from the criminal justice system.

Bragg said his overall intention was to "Shrin[k] the footprint" of the criminal justice system.

A campaign webpage, which has since been scrubbed, said Bragg believed crimes that disproportionately incarcerate Black people are "morally indefensible" to enforce.

"These cases do not belong in criminal court. The punishments are disproportionately harsh, and fall disproportionately on the backs of people of color. This makes them morally indefensible," Bragg stated on his website. "This is why I will not prosecute most petty offenses through the traditional criminal court system… I will either dismiss these charges outright or offer the accused person the opportunity to complete a program without ever setting foot in a courtroom."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/alvin-bragg-promises-not-prosecute-theft-establish-racial-equity-agenda-crime-poverty
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This brings to mind an old Larsen cartoon.

"Harold, confronted by the street ducks, was at a loss, until he remembered his 12 gauge".

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

And that is how you create "white flight" and turn your city into a ghetto. Have at it. They voted for it.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This brings to mind an old Larsen cartoon.

"Harold, confronted by the street ducks, was at a loss, until he remembered his 12 gauge".

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Good old Al speeding up the exit of honest shopkeepers who he will then accuse of racism for leaving.

Alvin Bragg, racist and major

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When you stop and think about it,this is nothing more than the logical progression of the left.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And that is how you create "white flight" and turn your city into a ghetto. Have at it. They voted for it.
It isn't just "white flight".

How many decades have well-groomed and mannered Black people spoken against stereotypes that portrayed Blacks as "thieving n-----s", and now this DA is fostering the image in fact.

Some people are their own worst enemies.

What happens, when, in the sense of 'racial' (or some other) equity, business owners start shooting or otherwise 'dealing with' looters?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

How many decades have well-groomed and mannered Black people spoken against stereotypes that portrayed Blacks as "thieving n-----s", and now this DA is fostering the image in fact.

What happens, when, in the sense of 'racial' (or some other) equity, business owners start shooting or otherwise 'dealing with' looters?

That's why I put it in quotes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Pretty much all of us know,and are friends with black people like that. Especially those of us who served in the military.

What some people don't seem to "get" is the "moderate/conservative" black tends to be quiet and present a respectable "face" to the world. Because of this they aren't loud and aggressive,which sometimes seems to fool people into thinking they agree with the radicals.

I THINK there is a CHANCE that Bragg is unwittingly (a word that pretty much defines him) creating THE "Perfect Storm" that is going to enrage the honest blacks to the point where they are going to come out of their shells,and "go hunting".

And it won't be "whitey" they will be hunting.

Just HOW are the local and feral "author-i-tays" going to handle THAT?

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Pretty much all of us know,and are friends with black people like that. Especially those of us who served in the military.

What some people don't seem to "get" is the "moderate/conservative" black tends to be quiet and present a respectable "face" to the world. Because of this they aren't loud and aggressive,which sometimes seems to fool people into thinking they agree with the radicals.

I THINK there is a CHANCE that Bragg is unwittingly (a word that pretty much defines him) creating THE "Perfect Storm" that is going to enrage the honest blacks to the point where they are going to come out of their shells,and "go hunting".

And it won't be "whitey" they will be hunting.

Just HOW are the local and feral "author-i-tays" going to handle THAT?
I have often said that the solution to the feral problem needs to come from within the black community, be it a cultural epiphany or otherwise.

The current situation has been cultivated and nurtured for decades from the streets, the universities, the pulpit, and the media, including music: The wind has been sown, watered with tears, and fertilized with lies, and the harvest will be sanguineous, as it already is shaping up to be.

In the current social situation, politically, and as a practical matter, if the solution is imposed on the black community by people who can readily be pointed to as from outside that community, cries of "Racism" will be heard around the world.
The only incidents that don't often get news coverage are those within the demographic. Anything else gets painted with the Capital 'R'.

It is a problem neither you nor I can fix, and one that cannot be imposed from without the community, because that will only entrench the 'us versus them' mentality that is being used to justify murdering police and 'outsiders' today.

The choice is, and ever has been, with the leaders, elected or otherwise, official or unofficial, within the demographic that is having the problem.

Unfortunately, for the people who want wholesome lives to 'fix' it, they will have to adapt the tactics of the very people they do not want to emulate, in order to keep their children free from the threat of assimilation by or becoming a victim of that undesirable element.

The political trend of DAs excusing feral behavior will not make that task any easier, especially considering that those positions of Mayor and sometimes DA are filled by ballot, indicating that there is a majority out there who either support or sympathize with the idea of releasing ferals with little or no consequence for their violent actions for whatever reason: but something that can be used by the willing against the very people who make it policy through their votes.

But it is not a task to be undertaken lightly, especially by law-abiding and respectable men and women. 
Mere speechifying and posturing will no longer suffice. Great giveaways will not help, and really are meaningless in a culture where the target group is busy just taking what they want without fear of repercussions. Too many have been suckled at the great teat of an enabling government for any official means to be effective at this point, unless there is a demographic-wide epiphany.

If this demographic wants businesses in their areas, they have to quit looting them, quit robbing them, and let capitalism work its magic. Without that profit, at least enough for the owners of those businesses to make a living, there will be nothing but government largesse.

While that control may appeal to the controlling political ranks who have enabled the problems, it never will appeal to those who desire the benefits of a merit-based society, who believe still in working, achieving, and gathering the fruits of their own labor--and they appear to be the minority within the minority. Decision time: fight or flee.

Allow this to continue, however, and at some point there will be little left to loot, and the demographic will expand its geographic scope, looking for victims, leading to the race war that the Left seems to crave.
Whether this is an attempt to get those the abortion clinics missed (as Margaret Sanger would have proposed, perhaps), or simply an attempt at chaos that those totalitarians orchestrating this can use to advance their iron-fisted control dreams, either works toward the goals of the totalitarians, as incidents will be used to further the agenda of making the law-abiding more dependent on government, and less able to defend themselves.

The 'race war' will start on the streets of the big cities (has already started in some), and likely be mostly fought in suburbia, if those respectable people on those cities, within that demographic, fail to bring their internal problems under control.

Unfortunately, those who have achieved, who have worked, who have resisted the appeal of dishonesty and mayhem, are likely to become confused with the feral elements if they even pretend to participate with the ferals, and likely to suffer repercussions within that community if they do not.
So it really is on them: the choice is to stand and fight for what is right, for their people, for their community, or to leave the cities to their own decay.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

I have often said that the solution to the feral problem needs to come from within the black community, be it a cultural epiphany or otherwise.

The current situation has been cultivated and nurtured for decades from the streets, the universities, the pulpit, and the media, including music: The wind has been sown, watered with tears, and fertilized with lies, and the harvest will be sanguineous, as it already is shaping up to be.

In the current social situation, politically, and as a practical matter, if the solution is imposed on the black community by people who can readily be pointed to as from outside that community, cries of "Racism" will be heard around the world.
The only incidents that don't often get news coverage are those within the demographic. Anything else gets painted with the Capital 'R'.

It is a problem neither you nor I can fix, and one that cannot be imposed from without the community, because that will only entrench the 'us versus them' mentality that is being used to justify murdering police and 'outsiders' today.

The choice is, and ever has been, with the leaders, elected or otherwise, official or unofficial, within the demographic that is having the problem.

Unfortunately, for the people who want wholesome lives to 'fix' it, they will have to adapt the tactics of the very people they do not want to emulate, in order to keep their children free from the threat of assimilation by or becoming a victim of that undesirable element.

The political trend of DAs excusing feral behavior will not make that task any easier, especially considering that those positions of Mayor and sometimes DA are filled by ballot, indicating that there is a majority out there who either support or sympathize with the idea of releasing ferals with little or no consequence for their violent actions for whatever reason: but something that can be used by the willing against the very people who make it policy through their votes.

But it is not a task to be undertaken lightly, especially by law-abiding and respectable men and women. 
Mere speechifying and posturing will no longer suffice. Great giveaways will not help, and really are meaningless in a culture where the target group is busy just taking what they want without fear of repercussions. Too many have been suckled at the great teat of an enabling government for any official means to be effective at this point, unless there is a demographic-wide epiphany.

If this demographic wants businesses in their areas, they have to quit looting them, quit robbing them, and let capitalism work its magic. Without that profit, at least enough for the owners of those businesses to make a living, there will be nothing but government largesse.

While that control may appeal to the controlling political ranks who have enabled the problems, it never will appeal to those who desire the benefits of a merit-based society, who believe still in working, achieving, and gathering the fruits of their own labor--and they appear to be the minority within the minority. Decision time: fight or flee.

Allow this to continue, however, and at some point there will be little left to loot, and the demographic will expand its geographic scope, looking for victims, leading to the race war that the Left seems to crave.
Whether this is an attempt to get those the abortion clinics missed (as Margaret Sanger would have proposed, perhaps), or simply an attempt at chaos that those totalitarians orchestrating this can use to advance their iron-fisted control dreams, either works toward the goals of the totalitarians, as incidents will be used to further the agenda of making the law-abiding more dependent on government, and less able to defend themselves.

The 'race war' will start on the streets of the big cities (has already started in some), and likely be mostly fought in suburbia, if those respectable people on those cities, within that demographic, fail to bring their internal problems under control.

Unfortunately, those who have achieved, who have worked, who have resisted the appeal of dishonesty and mayhem, are likely to become confused with the feral elements if they even pretend to participate with the ferals, and likely to suffer repercussions within that community if they do not.
So it really is on them: the choice is to stand and fight for what is right, for their people, for their community, or to leave the cities to their own decay.

Accurate, all of it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Accurate, all of it

@LMAO

@lamo

@Smokin Joe

Yup!

The problem with it is that we have been hearing that for years,and nothing has changed except the black radicals are more powerful and better funded than ever.

And make no mistake about it,the movers and shakers are in it for the money,which in turn leads to power outside the black community. Take away that money,and they will go back to pimping. Keep funding them and just get more of what we are getting today.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 02:15:14 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
In most of these urban black areas, the illegitimacy rate is up in the vicinity of 80%, often higher. In that small town where the "sweet sixteen" party was shot up, I read that the rate is 90%.

I would speculate that in a few places it may be even higher than that.

In these locations, any hope of restoring "the traditional family" has been lost, in the past. That was generations ago. It ain't coming back.

Thus, we may see the majority of young blacks from these places "grow up feral" -- particularly considering the near-total devolution of "black culture" from what it was back in, say, the 1950's. That, too, is gone, not coming back, and the thug culture that has replaced it continues to degrade. How many of these youths are you going to persuade to "think and act white", so they might get ahead?

Smokin Joe mentions Margaret Sanger above.

100 years removed from her time, a reasonable person, thinking reasonably, would look at the conditions in the inner cities today... and conclude that Ms. Sanger had a point.

Sorry if you don't like this post.

Offline Smokin Joe

In most of these urban black areas, the illegitimacy rate is up in the vicinity of 80%, often higher. In that small town where the "sweet sixteen" party was shot up, I read that the rate is 90%.

I would speculate that in a few places it may be even higher than that.

In these locations, any hope of restoring "the traditional family" has been lost, in the past. That was generations ago. It ain't coming back.

Thus, we may see the majority of young blacks from these places "grow up feral" -- particularly considering the near-total devolution of "black culture" from what it was back in, say, the 1950's. That, too, is gone, not coming back, and the thug culture that has replaced it continues to degrade. How many of these youths are you going to persuade to "think and act white", so they might get ahead?

Smokin Joe mentions Margaret Sanger above.

100 years removed from her time, a reasonable person, thinking reasonably, would look at the conditions in the inner cities today... and conclude that Ms. Sanger had a point.

Sorry if you don't like this post.
It is what it is.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It is what it is.

@Smokin Joe

True,and the Dim Party is committed to "keeping the darkies on the Dim Plantation".