Author Topic: Even The Oakland A’s Are Leaving California  (Read 792 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Even The Oakland A’s Are Leaving California
« on: April 20, 2023, 05:43:38 pm »
By  Tim Meads

Apr 20, 2023   DailyWire.com

It looks like even the Oakland Athletics are joining the mass exodus of Californians fleeing for a better life.

On Thursday, one of the MLB’s most iconic franchises announced that it has purchased land in Las Vegas, Nevada, after searching and failing to find land for a new stadium in Oakland.  Now, the A’s will be building a gigantic $1.5 billion, 35,000-seat stadium in Sin City for the ball club, according to ESPN.

“For a while, we were on parallel paths [with Oakland], but we have turned our attention to Las Vegas to get a deal here for the A’s and find a long-term home,” team president Dave Kaval told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “Oakland has been a great home for us for over 50 years, but we really need this 20-year saga completed and we feel there’s a path here in Southern Nevada to do that.”

The move has the full support of MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred, but Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao isn’t too pleased about it. The city has now officially ended talks with the team to keep them in the city.

“I am deeply disappointed that the A’s have chosen not to negotiate with the City of Oakland as a true partner, in a way that respects the long relationship between the fans, the City and the team,” Thao said in a statement given to ESPN. “Yet, it is clear to me that the A’s have no intention of staying in Oakland and have simply been using this process to try to extract a better deal out of Las Vegas. I am not interested in continuing to play that game — the fans and our residents deserve better.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/even-the-oakland-as-are-leaving-california
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Even The Oakland A’s Are Leaving California
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 05:52:41 pm »
The move makes sense, as their triple A team is already in Vegas.
The started in Philadelphia, then to Kansas City, Then to Oakland.

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 05:53:53 pm »
No team stadium should be paid for by taxpayers, not even in part.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 05:54:26 pm »
“I am deeply disappointed that the A’s have chosen not to negotiate with the City of Oakland as a true partner ..."
Sorry, mayor, but it doesn't appear the city had a whole lot to offer.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 06:11:44 pm »
I hope they leave the infernal whistling behind, too. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 08:27:31 pm »
I hope they leave the infernal whistling behind, too.
...AND THE DRUMS

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 08:36:01 pm »
By  Tim Meads

Apr 20, 2023   DailyWire.com

Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao isn’t too pleased about it. The city has now officially ended talks with the team to keep them in the city.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/even-the-oakland-as-are-leaving-california

Who Hmong us really cares what happens to Oakland, or the A's!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2023, 08:38:38 pm »
Who Hmong us really cares what happens to Oakland, or the A's!

:cool:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2023, 09:05:13 pm »
Sorry, mayor, but it doesn't appear the city had a whole lot to offer.
Awe, C'mon! Drugs, prostitution, gang violence, armed robbery, assault and battery, gang violence, car jackings and other vehicle thefts, and did I say gang violence? Who could ask for anything more!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2023, 09:09:16 pm »
Awe, C'mon! Drugs, prostitution, gang violence, armed robbery, assault and battery, gang violence, car jackings and other vehicle thefts, and did I say gang violence? Who could ask for anything more!

Me. Murder murder murder murder...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2023, 09:20:00 pm »
...AND THE DRUMS

Agreed.  I hate it when my team plays there, because it gives me a headache to hear all that constant racket in the background.  And I'm hard of hearing!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2023, 09:29:11 pm »
Agreed.  I hate it when my team plays there, because it gives me a headache to hear all that constant racket in the background.  And I'm hard of hearing!

My msg. to the A's......   Beany MoneyBall is past its prime.  You are an overpaid AAA team.   And nice timing there ex-lax.  Announcing the move of  the worst team in MLB after a 3-16 start has gotten to be the dumbest sports PR move in some time in MLB  At least win two in row before dropping the egg.    :silly:

And bad news for us fans of TX teams....   Sadly Vegas is not in the Mountain Time Zone.  We still got to stay up stinkin late for "Away Divisonal Games"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2023, 01:09:29 am »
No team stadium should be paid for by taxpayers, not even in part.
Agreed!

We should not be called on to subsidize the construction of something we would have to pay to get into. There's either enough profit potential to build or not, but taxpayers should not have to subsidize the circuses (or the Washington Windmills, either)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2023, 02:10:52 am »
Me. Murder murder murder murder...
It's been about twenty years since I was in Oakland and then only because a union SOB jacked up my pre piping on hoods we sent up because, oh no we weren't union. Even then I was carrying ever second I was there and pushed my helper so we were out in one day instead of two. I will never return there or for that matter San Franshitco.