Author Topic: US prepares to position troops in case of potential Sudan embassy evacuation  (Read 869 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
April 20, 2023 12:18pm EDT
US prepares to position troops in case of potential Sudan embassy evacuation
Civil conflict between Sudan's military and rival paramilitary group leaves roughly 70 US Embassy staffers stranded under shelter in place order in Khartoum
By Liz Friden , Chris Pandolfo | Fox News

The U.S. military is preparing to place additional forces in Djibouti for a potential mission to evacuate U.S. Embassy personnel in Khartoum, Sudan's capital city, a senior U.S. official confirmed to Fox News.

Embassy staff has been sheltering in place since Saturday, when gunfire and explosions erupted in the capital amid conflict between the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) and Sudan's army. The two sides are battling for control of the country, with 5 million city residents and U.S. personnel caught in the crossfire.

Politico first reported plans to rescue embassy staff, who are sheltering just eight miles from Khartoum's international airport. The airport has been left inoperable by heavy fighting, and military evacuation appears to be the only way the 70 or so embassy staffers can escape Sudan without serious risk to their lives.

According to Politico, Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman met with lawmakers privately Wednesday and said that troops would be moving to Djibouti, where Camp Lemmonier is located, to give the Biden administration options to launch an evacuation operation. "Sherman stressed that the mission would whisk only embassy staff to safety and that there won’t be a military-led general evacuation of American citizens," Politico reported. 

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-prepares-position-troops-potential-sudan-embassy-evacuation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Special forces swiftly evacuate US embassy staff from Sudan
By MATTHEW LEE, TARA COPP and AAMER MADHANI
Associated Press
Apr. 23, 2023
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. special operations forces carried out a precarious evacuation of the American embassy in warring Sudan on Sunday, sweeping in and out of the capital, Khartoum, with helicopters on the ground for less than an hour. No shots were fired and no major casualties were reported.

With the last U.S. employee of the embassy out, Washington shuttered the U.S. mission in Khartoum indefinitely. Left behind were thousands of private American citizens remaining in the east African country.

U.S. officials said it would be too dangerous to carry out a broader evacuation mission. Battles between two rival Sudanese commanders entered their ninth day Sunday, forcing continued closing of the main international airport and leaving roads out of the country in control of armed men. Fighting has killed more than 400 people.

In a statement thanking the troops, President Joe Biden said he was receiving regular reports from his team on efforts to assist remaining Americans in Sudan “to the extent possible.” ...
More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Evacuates U.S. Embassy Staff from Sudan, Will Assist Other Americans ‘to the Extent Possible’

Kristina Wong 23 Apr 2023

President Joe Biden on Saturday ordered the evacuation of U.S. embassy staff in Khartoum, Sudan, amid  worsening fighting between the Sudanese Armed Forces and the Rapid Support Forces, a rival paramilitary force.

“Today, on my orders, the United States military conducted an operation to extract U.S. Government personnel from Khartoum in response to the situation in Sudan,” Biden tweeted. “I am grateful for the commitment of our Embassy staff and the skill of our service members who brought them to safety.”

He said in a written statement, “I am receiving regular reports from my team on their ongoing work to assist Americans in Sudan, to the extent possible. We are also working closely with our allies and partners in this effort.”

Senior U.S. officials said on a background call with reporters late Saturday that due to the intensity of the fighting and concern over the availability of key supplies like fuel and food, they reluctantly decided to temporarily suspend embassy operations and evacuate the embassy in Khartoum, with the assistance of U.S. military forces.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/04/23/biden-evacuates-u-s-embassy-staff-from-sudan-will-assist-other-americans-to-the-extent-possible/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US military makes daring evacuation of embassy staff from war-torn Sudan, Biden says
Dozens of American diplomats airlifted to nearby Djibouti

By John Solomon
Updated: April 23, 2023 - 9:43am

U.S. military aircraft airlifted dozens of American diplomatic staff Saturday night from the war-torn capital of Sudan, a daring evacuation authorized by President Joe Biden as security worsened in Khartoum after a week of fighting.

Biden announced shortly before midnight that the operation had successfully removed all U.S. Embassy staff to nearby Djibouti as fighting raged between rival military leaders in Sudan.

"I am proud of the extraordinary commitment of our Embassy staff, who performed their duties with courage and professionalism and embodied America’s friendship and connection with the people of Sudan," the president said. "I am grateful for the unmatched skill of our service members who successfully brought them to safety."

https://justthenews.com/world/africa/us-military-makes-daring-evacuation-embassy-staff-war-torn-sudan-biden-says
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
At least Blinken didn't pull a Hillary.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

At least Blinken didn't pull a Hillary.......

.....do we trust what Brandon has stated?? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

.....do we trust what Brandon has stated??

Good point there.  They lie to us continuously .
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
State Department Briefing: We Will Not Be Evacuating American Citizens from Sudan
Bob Hoge

The State Department held a press briefing Saturday night to describe the chaos in Sudan and our successful efforts to evacuate U.S. embassy personnel from the violence-stricken African country. Under Secretary for Management Ambassador John Bass reported that all operations at the embassy in the country’s capital, Khartoum, have been halted for the time being:

As of today, April 22nd, as a result of the fighting between the Sudanese Armed Forces and the Rapid Support Forces, the United States has temporarily suspended operations – and I want to stress “temporarily” – suspended operations at our embassy in Khartoum.

The widespread fighting, as you know, has caused significant civilian deaths and injuries.  There’s been substantial damage to essential infrastructure, including, importantly, the civilian airport in the heart of the city.

And so as a result of the intensity of the conflict and the challenges that our diplomatic personnel were experiencing in conducting basic operations and the uncertainty about their – the availability of key supplies like fuel and food going forward, we reluctantly decided it was time to suspend operations; and with tremendous support from our professional military colleagues at DOD, we evacuated all of the U.S. personnel and dependents assigned to Embassy Khartoum there under the responsibility of the Secretary of State.

more
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/04/23/state-department-briefing-we-will-not-be-evacuating-american-citizens-from-sudan-n735654
Support the USO

Offline Mod2

Threads merged

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So just like Americans in Afghanistan Biden is essentially telling Americans in Sudan

I wonder how long for Brandon and everyone in his administration to blame Trump for the situation in Sudan?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 09:36:31 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Biden Evacuates U.S. Embassy Staff from Sudan, Will Assist Other Americans ‘to the Extent Possible’"

Fine.
Just don't start "evacuating refugees"...
(you know they're gonna do it anyway)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Joe Biden Strands Thousands of Americans in Sudan with No Evacuation Plan Amid Embassy Disaster
By Kyle Becker April 23, 2023

U.S. forces carried out an evacuation of government personnel from the U.S. Embassy in Sudan on Saturday, as confirmed by President Joe Biden in a statement issued in the evening.

The extraction operation was conducted by the U.S. military at the embassy located in Khartoum, the capital of Sudan. The city has been marred by armed conflict between the army and a paramilitary group, prompting the need for the evacuation of embassy personnel.

“Today, on my orders, the United States military conducted an operation to extract U.S. Government personnel from Khartoum. I am proud of the extraordinary commitment of our Embassy staff, who performed their duties with courage and professionalism and embodied America’s friendship and connection with the people of Sudan,” the U.S. president said.

“I am grateful for the unmatched skill of our service members who successfully brought them to safety. And I thank Djibouti, Ethiopia, and Saudi Arabia, which were critical to the success of our operation.”

The White House has announced that it does not currently have any government-coordinated evacuation plans for American citizens who are stranded in Sudan amidst the escalating civil war in Africa’s third-largest country. It is estimated that approximately 16,000 private U.S. citizens are registered with the U.S. Embassy in Khartoum, the capital of Sudan.

The deteriorating situation in the country has raised concerns about the safety and well-being of American citizens in Sudan, but no immediate evacuation plans have been announced by the U.S. government.

According to Under Secretary of State for Management John Bass, despite the evacuation of government personnel from the U.S. Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan, a significant number of local staff are still in the city to support the embassy. The decision to suspend operations at the embassy was made on Saturday due to the prevailing security risks. U.S. officials have informed reporters that the evacuation operation involved fewer than 100 individuals.

“We did not take any small-arms fire on the way in and were able to get in and out without issue,” said Lieutenant General Douglas Sims, the director of operations at the military’s Joint Staff.

more
https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/biden-strands-knab/
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

Lol….

What else is new
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

American lives mean nothing.  :shrug:

White House warns American citizens not to count on evacuation from Sudan

As the violent struggle for power over Sudan reaches the one-week mark, the Biden administration is sticking firmly to its warning for private citizens: don’t expect to be rescued.

While the administration says it is working towards evacuating American embassy staff still stranded in the country, it makes no promises about other Americans who could get let behind.

"It is not our standard procedure to evacuate American citizens living abroad," White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said on Friday..........

................Principal Deputy State Department spokesperson Vedant Patel said that officials had been in touch with several hundred of the estimated 16,000 U.S. citizens in Sudan concerning “security measures and other precautions they can take on their own.”...................

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white-house-warns-american-citizens-evacuated-sudan/story?id=98762845
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Well, at least he’s warning them this time not to expect a rescue unlike  he did to Americans in Afghanistan  :shrug:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Rep. Mike Waltz
@michaelgwaltz
Just two years ago Sudan signed the Abraham Accords. This administration’s Middle East policy is literally going up in smoke.
8:13 AM · Apr 24, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org