Author Topic: NYT Reveals Child Labor Exploitation Corresponds to Actions Taken by Harris, Biden, and Mayorkas  (Read 132 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYT Reveals Child Labor Exploitation Corresponds to Actions Taken by Harris, Biden, and Mayorkas

By Jon Feere on April 19, 2023

The New York Times has published an article on the massive increase in exploitation of unaccompanied alien children (UAC) at worksites across America. Though it’s an important article for understanding the horrific impact of the Biden administration’s decision to gut the enforcement of the nation’s immigration laws and national borders, like the related article that preceded it, this new article fails to explain the reasons child labor is exploding. But a chart included in the article reveals more than the Times seems to realize.

The Times created a bar chart that tracks monthly reports to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) of abuse of UACs placed with sponsors. The chart is reproduced below with language added by the Center for Immigration Studies (in red). The chart clearly shows two upticks in reports of UAC abuse that directly correspond to (1) the launch of an anti-ICE policy created by Sen. Kamala Harris in early 2019; and (2) the launch of anti-enforcement policies on immigration issued by President Joe Biden and DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas in early 2021. Both are explained below.

Kamala Harris Promotes Child Exploitation. The first jump occurred between February and March 2019 after then-Sen. Harris launched a prohibition on U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) working with HHS to run background checks on UACs and their sponsors and making arrests where appropriate. On February 15, the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2019 became law, funding several federal departments and agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Included in this funding bill was language that put an end to ICE arresting most criminal, illegal alien sponsors and UACs; the language was taken from legislation introduced by Harris only weeks before. As she explained in her press release, the language is designed to:

https://cis.org/Feere/NYT-Reveals-Child-Labor-Exploitation-Corresponds-Actions-Taken-Harris-Biden-and-Mayorkas
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson