Author Topic: Be Afraid: They ARE Coming For Your Burgers  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Be Afraid: They ARE Coming For Your Burgers
« on: April 20, 2023, 11:13:52 am »
WRITTEN BY NOAH ROTHMAN ON APR 18, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Be Afraid: They ARE Coming For Your Burgers

cow-adams“All food is not created equal,” New York City mayor Eric Adams inscrutably intoned this week. “The vast majority of food that is contributing to our emission crisis lies in meat and dairy products.”

This indictment accompanied the mayor’s efforts to extirpate animal proteins from city-run facilities, where “meat is increasingly missing from the menu,” according to the New York Times. [emphasis, links added]

Adams’s boosterism for a “plant-powered diet” supplements his efforts to expand a program he inherited from former mayor Bill de Blasio, which is now designed to reduce the city’s carbon footprint by 33 percent in 2030 by cutting back on protein purchases.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/be-afraid-they-are-coming-for-your-burgers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Be Afraid: They ARE Coming For Your Burgers
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 11:14:29 am »
This is more communist than communism!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson