Author Topic: Biden called out for claiming his budget 'keeps our borders secure:' 'This must be a joke'  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
JOE BIDEN Published March 22, 2023 7:00am EDT
Biden called out for claiming his budget 'keeps our borders secure:' 'This must be a joke'

He also said, 'MAGA House Republicans put out extreme budget proposals that would eliminate funding for over 2,000 border patrol agents'
By Alexander Hall | Fox News

President Biden slammed "MAGA House Republicans" on Tuesday for budget proposals he says would harm border security while claiming his "keeps our border secure." Twitter users condemned his claim as preposterous.

The head of the U.S. Border Patrol told lawmakers last week the agency does not have operational control of the U.S. southern border and also said that migration levels were at "crisis" levels in some places. It was also revealed this week that Border Patrol had reached one million migrant encounters already for fiscal year 2023.

Biden released his budget proposal on March 9, and while House Republicans have yet to release a plan, the president has taken aim at a proposal from the House Freedom Caucus.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-called-claiming-budget-keeps-borders-secure-joke
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson