Author Topic: Mayorkas takes heat for repeating border is 'secure' claim during House hearing: 'This is nonsense'  (Read 106 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayorkas takes heat for repeating border is 'secure' claim during House hearing: 'This is nonsense'
Story by Lindsay Kornick • Yesterday 7:00 PM

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas repeated the claim that the United States' southern border was secure during his testimony before Wednesday’s House Homeland Security Committee hearing.

During the lengthy testimony hearing, Rep. Michael Guest, R-Miss., cited several data points of illegal immigrant surges, drug seizures and other apprehensions at the border. Prior to Wednesday's hearing, Mayorkas has repeatedly testified to the border being secured. Guest asked Mayorkas whether he stood by that statement.

"My question to you, Secretary Mayorkas, is it your testimony that all nine of the Southwest sectors from the Rio Grande Valley to San Diego, that under whatever definition you use that you believe that all nine sectors are secure?" Guest asked.

After initially avoiding the question, Mayorkas answered, "It is my testimony that the border is secure, and we are working every day and night to increase its security. The challenges that we are experiencing at the border cannot be overstated."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mayorkas-takes-heat-for-repeating-border-is-secure-claim-during-house-hearing-this-is-nonsense/ar-AA1a4yTN?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=ab6af49b901b4524a047a52f4c40f98a&ei=47
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson