Author Topic: 12% of managers say they've fired a Gen Z employee in their first week of work — and being too easil  (Read 510 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
12% of managers say they've fired a Gen Z employee in their first week of work — and being too easily offended is often to blame, new survey finds
Story by amcdade@insider.com (Aaron McDade) • Yesterday 2:52 PM

Nearly 75% of managers in a recent survey said Gen Z is more difficult to work with than other generations.
About 12% and 16% of that group said they have fired a Gen Zer in their first week or month of work, respectively.
Many said they would rather work with Millennials or Gen X employees because they feel they're more productive.

Gen Z represents about 25% of the world's population and $7 trillion in purchasing influence.

They will comprise 27% of the workforce by 2025.

They are vocal about their likes and dislikes and are changing how America shops, lives, and works.

In a new ResumeBuilder survey of more than 1,300 managers, 74% of respondents said they find Gen Z more difficult to work with than other generations, and of those 12% reported having to fire a young worker within their first week on the job.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careers/12-of-managers-say-they-ve-fired-a-gen-z-employee-in-their-first-week-of-work-and-being-too-easily-offended-is-often-to-blame-new-survey-finds/ar-AA1a3ZeF?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=ab6af49b901b4524a047a52f4c40f98a&ei=15
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

I have read that another part of the problem with many GenZers is that they don't grasp that working 9-5 means being at the job no later than, you know, 9 a.m. - and working all the way to 5 p.m. They want more flexibility, apparently. Like 11-3, give or take.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Inability to follow simple instruction.
Incapable of doing what they're told.
Do what they're told NOT to do.
Show up to work when they decide they're ready to.
Unwilling to shut up and then watch and listen in order to learn. (Know it alls.)
Lack ability to communicate in person.
Soft skills (interpersonal) are practically non-existent.

I could go on, but those are some of my observations/experiences in an engineering company.
I will say that I've worked with a couple of "unicorns", but 2 out of 10 is not a good trend.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
The bigger story is that 7 out of 8 didn't get fired.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They want more flexibility, apparently. Like 11-3, give or take.

With a 2 hour lunch from Noon till 2pm  and Four 15 minute breaks to unwind from that hectic work schedule.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I know everyone has a rightful fear of AI, but with the work ethic of Gen Z's it might be our only outlet to survivial as a society.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ScottinVA

Maybe some of that lost productivity is due to the Gen-Zers trying to decide which restroom to use that day.

Online mountaineer

Maybe some of that lost productivity is due to the Gen-Zers trying to decide which restroom to use that day.
And fretting about what offends them that day.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And fretting about what offends them that day.
When you can get them off their phones...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis