Author Topic: We Finally Know How The Maya Calendar Matches Up With The Planets  (Read 829 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
IFL Science by Ben Taub 4/19/2023

The Maya calendar is synchronized with the movement of every planet over a 45-year period.

Astronomy and timekeeping were two of the Ancient Maya’s biggest loves, and new research may have finally revealed the intricate system that once connected these two pillars of Mesoamerican life. According to the study authors, the enigmatic Maya calendar can be used to track the movement of the planets across the night sky over a 45-year period, thus solving a long-standing riddle regarding the structure and function of the iconic pre-Hispanic almanac.

Unlike our relatively simple system of days, months, and years, the Maya calendar made use of a complex series of interlocking cycles, such as the 260-day sacred count known as the Tzolk’in and the 365-day secular calendar, or Haab’. These two cycles became synchronized once every 52 years, giving rise to an overall calendric period called the Calendar Round.

However, inscriptions found at various Maya sites describe a further 819-day count. Analysis of these glyphic texts has revealed that each date in this cycle was associated with one of the four cardinal points, which means it took four rounds of 819 days – or about nine years – to complete the entire series.

More: https://www.iflscience.com/we-finally-know-how-the-maya-calendar-matches-up-with-the-planets-68528

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: We Finally Know How The Maya Calendar Matches Up With The Planets
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 03:43:10 am »
So is the world coming to an end back on?  Or did we miss it?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Among the most intriguing mysteries of our time is the 819-day calendar used by the ancient Maya civilization. A puzzle that baffled scientists near and far for many years, anthropologists from Tulane University may have finally cracked its secrets.

For a long time, researchers suspected that the Maya calendar followed astronomical events, specifically the movement of planets in the night sky as seen from Earth, known as the “synodic periods” of planets. The synodic period is the time it takes for a planet to appear in the same place in the night sky when observed from Earth.

However, according to a study published in Ancient Mesoamerica, the cycles in the Maya calendar cover a much larger timeframe than scholars previously thought. Anthropologists John Linden and Victoria Bricker found that by increasing the calendar length to 20 periods of 819 days, a pattern emerges that matches the synodic periods of all visible planets, which include Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.

https://www.spacechatter.com/2023/04/28/maya-calendar-mystery-solved-scientists-say-theyve-cracked-its-ancient-code/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
So if the world didn’t end in 2012, when does it end?

Offline libertybele

@Gefn what am I missing?  How did you come up with 2012??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

The 2012 prediction was a harkening to a new age and not necessarily an end of the world.

I saw a sub reddit that claimed the world was destroyed in 2012 and was rebooted to its current reality.

There may be something to that. The Inuit started reporting in 2015 that the sun had changed its position in the sky and that is the reason for climate change. I believe them. I think there is something about that the powers that be are hiding.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

The 2012 prediction was a harkening to a new age and not necessarily an end of the world.

I saw a sub reddit that claimed the world was destroyed in 2012 and was rebooted to its current reality.

There may be something to that. The Inuit started reporting in 2015 that the sun had changed its position in the sky and that is the reason for climate change. I believe them. I think there is something about that the powers that be are hiding.

The climate is cyclical. You can go back and look at data of hurricanes and warming and cooling trends.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The climate is cyclical. You can go back and look at data of hurricanes and warming and cooling trends.

The sun is cyclical. But the science behind its effect on global climate is virtually impossible to get and has been for 30 years or more and no sun science data is used in climate models.

As far as the Maya calendar goes the shift they predicted was from the 12th Baktun to the 13th Baktun in 2012. That is assuming our calendar is correct.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

It did end in 2012.

All that remains is a simulation.

Online roamer_1

As far as the Maya calendar goes the shift they predicted was from the 12th Baktun to the 13th Baktun in 2012. That is assuming our calendar is correct.

Sorta... And that supposes the Mayan calendar was interpreted correctly... There are several dates proposed that are not the popular 2012.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
It did end in 2012.

All that remains is a simulation.

I can honestly believe this,  :yowsa:

Offline Mod5

Re: We Finally Know How The Maya Calendar Matches Up With The Planets