Author Topic: Border crossings surge 23% in March, nearing 200K  (Read 307 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border crossings surge 23% in March, nearing 200K
« on: April 18, 2023, 05:45:46 pm »
Border crossings surge 23% in March, nearing 200K
Crucially, the agency noted that more than two-thirds (69%) of those March encounters were single adults.

By Ben Whedon
Updated: April 17, 2023 - 8:17pm

Migrant encounters at the U.S. border with Mexico surged 23% in March over February.

Combining migrant encounters between Ports of Entry and those noncitizens processed at Ports of Entry, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection tallied 191,900 arrivals in March. That figure stands considerably higher than the 156,138 tallied in February.

Acting CBP Commissioner Troy Miller stressed that the March figures were down compared with March of the year prior, saying "CBP works around the clock to perform our vital missions including maintaining border security."

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/border-crossings-surge-23-march-nearing-200k
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Border crossings surge 23% in March, nearing 200K
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 05:48:56 pm »
Make a draft compulsive for all these "immigrants," and the illegal crossings will go down like a bunker buster bomb.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 06:03:02 pm »
I've stated it before; there's no way that all of the ILLEGALS can be vetted and there's no way they know who's coming in and where they're coming from.

Let's Go Brandon!   FJB!!!!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 11:30:54 am »
Polls consistently say that Americans are unhappy with the direction of the country and Biden’s approval rating is in the toilet

The open border is a buffer against that. Unhappy Americans are being replaced with grateful illegal immigrants
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023, 09:41:54 pm »
Mr. Trump ought to put up as a campaign pledge that he will identify, round up, and deport all illegals who entered the United States after January 21, 2021. Using the military to do so if necessary.

Would such a campaign plank make you more likely, or less likely, to vote for him?