Author Topic: Planning a trip? Oregon’s magic mushroom experiment advances  (Read 612 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
AP By ANDREW SELSKY 4/19/2023

Oregon’s pioneering experiment with legalized magic mushrooms took a step closer to reality as the first “facilitators” who will accompany clients as they experience the drug received their state licenses, authorities said Tuesday.

Voters approved the regulated use of psilocybin in a 2020 ballot measure, and anticipation has been building over the past 2 1/2 years for the day — expected to come later this year — when people can gain access to the drug that studies indicate has therapeutic value.

Hundreds of people have invested thousands of dollars apiece in this budding industry, and some worry that the rollout is proceeding too slowly.

“We thank you for your dedication to client safety and access as we move closer to opening service centers,” Oregon Psilocybin Services Manager Angie Allbee said in a statement Tuesday to three people who received the state’s first facilitator licenses.

But to date, no service centers — where customers would access psilocybin in controlled, calm environments with music, eye masks and mats — have been licensed. Nor has any laboratory where the products must be tested for potency. The psilocybin may come in the form of whole dried mushrooms, ground homogenized fungi, extracts and edible products, the Oregon Health Authority says.

More: https://apnews.com/article/psilocybin-mushrooms-oregon-legalization-psychedelic-drugs-147da32a86533a04456048d8763c5011

Offline mountaineer

Re: Planning a trip? Oregon’s magic mushroom experiment advances
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 10:55:13 pm »
As if that state wasn't screwed up enough.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 11:36:58 pm »
This'll be fun to watch.  From a distance.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2023, 11:47:59 pm »
How are they going to compete with people just harvesting shrooms in a cow pasture?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 12:40:54 am »
We have legalized pot (well i'm in NH on the MA border) so based on something my wife's geriatric friend does, i bought a bunch of gummies to help me sleep (what she said). Problem with them is that they're so unpredictable, sometimes they're good, other times they gave me a ton of anxiety. Usually they sorta helped with sleep?

Alcohol is more predictable.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2023, 06:22:49 am »
How are they going to compete with people just harvesting shrooms in a cow pasture?
Because cows just can't produce this level of bullshit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2023, 11:25:16 am »