Author Topic: NYC’s Vegan Mayor Eric Adams to Limit Amount of Meat People Can Eat to Combat Climate Change  (Read 475 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit by Cristina Laila 4/18/2023

New York City’s vegan mayor Eric Adams wants to limit the amount of meat people can eat in an effort to combat climate change.

Adams wants to reduce food-based gas emissions by 33% in the next 7 years.

“Food is the third-biggest source of cities’ emissions right after buildings and transportation. But all food is not created equal. The vast majority of food that is contributing to our emission crises lies in meat and dairy products,” Adams said.

“According to new data released by the city, 20% of the Big Apple’s greenhouse gas emissions come from food production and consumption. The mayor is now vowing to reduce the city’s food-based emissions at agencies by 33% in the next seven years and challenging the private sector to follow suit.” CBS New York reported.

Last year children in New York City schools, who were already subjected to “Meatless Mondays” were also forced to participate in “Vegan Fridays.”

NYC Mayor Eric Adams forced his vegan diet (doesn’t consume any animal products) of vegetables and fake meat and bean slop onto children.

CeFaan Kim
@CeFaanKim

No one expects a school lunch to be fine dining but… this is black beans, tomato and corn for NYC schools very first #VeganFriday. Option 2 was this burrito which wasn’t even #vegan. Tonight at 11pm on @ABC7NY
. burrito credit @jenchung

Kids dumped the vegan tacos in the garbage.

M
@salemviolets
·
Follow

This is the @NYCMayor new vegan option for Fridays. Most of the kids dumped this in the garbage or just ate the cookies. It smelled like armpits & it was completely unappetizing. Why would you remove options for students? A dry cheese sandwich isn’t going to cut it. @NYCSchools

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/04/nycs-vegan-mayor-eric-adams-to-limit-amount-of-meat-people-can-eat-to-combat-climate-change/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The vast majority of food that is contributing to our emission crises lies in meat and dairy products,” Adams said.

This is the exact opposite of true fact. Cows fart more than anything and they do not eat meat. Nothing on Earth will make you fart, like a vegetarian diet does.  You'll be farting all the time, even in your sleep. Adams is either a liar or he is just plain stupid.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
The vast majority of food that is contributing to our emission crises lies in meat and dairy products,” Adams said.

This is the exact opposite of true fact. Cows fart more than anything and they do not eat meat. Nothing on Earth will make you fart, like a vegetarian diet does.  You'll be farting all the time, even in your sleep. Adams is either a liar or he is just plain stupid.

Oh good. Another vegan know-it-all.  *****rollingeyes*****
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline mountaineer

I frequently make a black bean and corn salad that Mr. M just loves. It's a good accompaniment to (not substitute for) whatever meat we're having for dinner.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Vegan is an old Indian word.

It means: Can't hunt, can't fish...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
First, will he cut welfare to ease the global warming up front?  My guess is no.

Will police have the authority to raid private residences to enforce his rules?

Will city employees be fired for having more than their daily allotment?

Will billionaires and multimillionaires have their residences raided to check for compliance?

Will the UN be obligated to follow his rules?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sure seems like an imposition of religion on people to me, in violation of the First Amendment.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Sure seems like an imposition of religion on people to me, in violation of the First Amendment.
Veganism, like climatism and wokism, needs to be acknowledged as a religion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Getting American people to throw away their bacon and pork chops is a quixotic impossible agenda.
Speaking of religion, what if he converts to Jewish or Muslim and ordains that everything must be kosher or halal.
You cannot talk to a vegan without them bringing it up and trying to 'convert' you. It is a kind of religion.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.