Author Topic: DeSantis Meets With Republicans on Capitol Hill, to a Lukewarm Response  (Read 5214 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: DeSantis Meets With Republicans on Capitol Hill, to a Lukewarm Response
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2023, 02:08:10 pm »
But his suckers, er, I mean supporters think he will.

Not that I believe Desantis will, either.

@LMAO

Let's be completely honest about this. NOBODY is going to "drain the swamp" in one,or even two terms. It took decades to create it,and it's not going to go away overnight regardless of who wins the next election.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2023, 02:10:47 pm »
johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

Not surprised

9:12 AM · Apr 19, 2023

Photo: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/fabiola-santiago/article266871596.html

@Right_in_Virginia

That photo has to be a product of photo shop. No way in hell is Biden hugging any female over the age of 8.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2023, 02:16:20 pm »
I'd say its more like the conservatives and populists fighting each other, but maybe that's just me.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I'd say it has more to do with the personalities of the Trump naysayers than anything else. They live in an alternate reality where it is impossible for "Rude Orange Man" to win.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2023, 02:22:20 pm »
He is also considered, and strategic.

@Kamaji

How much in campaign funds and how many votes will he gain while in Asia?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2023, 02:29:34 pm »
@Kamaji

How much in campaign funds and how many votes will he gain while in Asia?

Are you saying that he should not develop any sort of international experience or expertise?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2023, 03:07:15 pm »
The term "A-hole" is used in relation to Ron DeSantis by his fellow Florida Republicans in Congress.

DeSantis may be too impersonable to build an interstate coalition necessary to prevail in the GOP Primaries.

Elections are popularity contests.  It sounds like DeSantis is being an a-hole towards the wrong people.

Americans will vote for an A-hole willing to fight FOR them, not against them.

DeSantis' culture war strategy is popular among eccentric conservative GOP billionaire mega-donors, but the unwashed masses are more focused on fiscal issues that immediately effect them - 'All politics is local' and 'It is the economy, stupid".
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 03:12:45 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2023, 03:11:10 pm »
The term "A-hole" is used in relation to Ron DeSantis by his fellow Florida Republicans in Congress.

DeSantis may be too impersonable to build an interstate coalition necessary to prevail in the GOP Primaries.

Hey Republicans, If Ron DeSantis Didn’t Hug You, It Will Be OK

BY: EDDIE SCARRY
APRIL 25, 2023

Serious question: Is David Trott’s wife embarrassed for him?

Readers are forgiven for perhaps having never heard of Trott, since he only sat in Congress for two terms and accomplished nothing of note, but he did ooze back to the surface last week under the most questionable circumstances: He emailed a Washington reporter to relive the time he desired the notice of another man, only to never receive it.

Politico’s widely read “Playbook” newsletter said Friday that it had received a “surprising email” from Trott, in which he recounted sitting “right next” to then-fellow Republican Congressman Ron DeSantis, who is now obviously governor of Florida and a likely presidential candidate. “[H]e never said a single word to me,” Trott said in the note. “I was new to Congress, and he didn’t introduce himself or even say hello.”

The Politico reporter said he called Trott for more details, and Trott giddily provided them. “I go to my first [House Foreign Affairs Committee] hearing early, and DeSantis showed up right at the gavel time and didn’t say hello or introduce himself,” he said. “And then the next hearing, the same thing happened. I think the third time it happened, I thought, ‘Oh, this guy’s not ever going to say hello to me.’”

With that memory seared into his brain, Trott concluded that DeSantis is “an -sshole.”

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/04/25/hey-republicans-if-ron-desantis-didnt-hug-you-it-will-be-ok/

Consider the source of the a-hole comment.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2023, 03:26:55 pm »
The fact it is April 2023, and the convention is 16 months away, and the we are already at this level vitriol, does not bear well for us.

Reagan's 11th commandmant is a fleeting memory.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2023, 03:34:14 pm »
The fact it is April 2023, and the convention is 16 months away, and the we are already at this level vitriol, does not bear well for us.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2023, 03:42:40 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

That photo has to be a product of photo shop. No way in hell is Biden hugging any female over the age of 8.

That was my first thought, too, @sneakypete ----- which is why I posted the link to the source of the photo.  Click here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/fabiola-santiago/article266871596.html

It's real.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2023, 04:04:29 pm »
Hey Republicans, If Ron DeSantis Didn’t Hug You, It Will Be OK

Pretty funny coming from the "Trump is too mean to support" crowd.  000hehehehe

« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 04:05:56 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2023, 04:42:04 pm »
Pretty funny coming from the "Trump is too mean to support" crowd.  000hehehehe

Pretty typical using a strawman when unable to defend your position.  No one here believes Trump is too mean to support.  It's that he's too liberal to support.  But then you knew that already.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2023, 04:43:57 pm »
Pretty typical using a strawman when unable to defend your position.  No one here believes Trump is too mean to support.  It's that he's too liberal to support.  But then you knew that already.

Exactly.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2023, 04:47:05 pm »
An issue with the DeSantis Culture Warrior routine is that it divides and drives away general election voters.

If you need to chose or create an enemy, do not make the voters that enemy.  Big Government, IRS, Inflation, Chi-coms are enemies that can coalesce voters around a candidate.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2023, 04:47:31 pm »

That commandment only applies to Republicans, not to those using the Republican Party as a vehicle to stroke their own egos.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2023, 04:49:21 pm »

Well, many of his antics are similar to that of an unruly child or a spiteful teenage girl

But that’s minor compared to the economic and fiscal situation he left the country in and promises to do more of
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2023, 04:50:09 pm »
An issue with the DeSantis Culture Warrior routine is that it divides and drives away general election voters.

If you need to chose or create an enemy, do not make the voters that enemy.  Big Government, IRS, Inflation, Chi-coms are enemies that can coalesce voters around a candidate.

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2023, 04:50:44 pm »

As opposed to the swamp creatures who are supposedly supporting DeSantis?

Names, please.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2023, 12:52:08 am »
Are you saying that he should not develop any sort of international experience or expertise?

@Kamaji

I am saying that he is currently supposed to be governing Florida,not looking for campaign cash in Asia.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2023, 12:54:42 am »

@catfish1957

AMEN!

At this point,if we say anything at all,it should be positive things  about the candidates we support,and leave their real or potential opponents alone to make mistakes on their own.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2023, 01:01:00 am »
Names, please.

@Hoodat

They are your pals,YOU name them.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2023, 01:04:02 am »
@Kamaji

I am saying that he is currently supposed to be governing Florida,not looking for campaign cash in Asia.

@sneakypete he is governing Florida --

Ron DeSantis
@GovRonDeSantis
I joined a roundtable with 80 executives from Japan’s largest companies to discuss why they should expand their businesses to Florida.

We are currently home to more than 200 Japanese firms that invest billions into our economy and are looking for more business opportunities for our state.

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1650817097243533313?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 01:04:51 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2023, 01:13:40 am »

@Kamaji

Yeah,causen he is gonna  learn SOOOOO much in the few days he is sucking up to Asian politicians for their political and financial support,right?

Desperation is  NEVER pretty.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2023, 01:18:52 am »
@Hoodat

They are your pals,YOU name them.

You seriously expect me to prove your claim for you?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2023, 01:26:47 am »
@sneakypete he is governing Florida --

Ron DeSantis
@GovRonDeSantis
I joined a roundtable with 80 executives from Japan’s largest companies to discuss why they should expand their businesses to Florida.

We are currently home to more than 200 Japanese firms that invest billions into our economy and are looking for more business opportunities for our state.

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1650817097243533313?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

@libertybele

Yeah,and he won't "pop" in your mouf,either.

He is trolling for cash by IMPLYING he will give them sweetheart deals IF he wins and that he will give them tax breaks if they open plants in Fla.

But,"Hey,if you can't trust DeSantis to support you after you supported him,who CAN you trust?",right?

He is pimping himself as well as Fla.