Author Topic: AOC Says NYC Mayor Should Fund Community Violence Prevention Programs Over Raising Police Wages  (Read 414 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AOC Says NYC Mayor Should Fund Community Violence Prevention Programs Over Raising Police Wages
By  Brandon Drey

Apr 18, 2023   DailyWire.com

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) thinks Mayor Eric Adams should fund community violence prevention programs without law enforcement rather than increase police wages.

In an interview with “The Daily Show,” Ocasio-Cortez discussed the “Stand Up to Violence” program at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, which addresses violence as a public health issue and allows social workers to investigate shootings without law enforcement.

When the show’s host, Jordan Klepper, asked if Mayor Adams misplaced funding that bumps rookie NYPD cop’s annual salary by 28%, Ocasio-Cortez said she “thinks so.”

“We are now at a point where officially, most officers are paid more than a teacher with a master’s degree serving these same kids involved in these same incidents,” Ocasio-Cortez said.

Contrary to her comments, the New York Post reported the city’s Department of Education said teachers with a master’s degree and teaching experience make between $68,000 to $83,900.

“We are defunding safety, defunding our public schools, defunding our public pools, defunding our parks [and] defunding our libraries,” she said. “When we are taking all of those resources and demanding that every single department — except the militarized one — be cut, we are sending a message about who and what we care about.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/aoc-says-nyc-mayor-should-fund-community-violence-prevention-programs-over-raising-police-wages
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Stupid wench.

Good Police are a community violence prevention program, if they have the backing of a decent District Attorney's office and some reasonable judges.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She converses with plankton.  But they don't listen to her either.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

She converses with plankton.  But they don't listen to her either.
That’s because they’re smarter.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Articles like this make me wish and hope for the full fury of Karma.....

She's got it coming.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That’s because they’re smarter.
C'mon, man!

Even plankton need a laugh now and then.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis