Author Topic: Govt Quietly Drops Promises Of Cheap Renewable Energy  (Read 177 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Govt Quietly Drops Promises Of Cheap Renewable Energy
« on: April 19, 2023, 11:41:42 am »
Govt Quietly Drops Promises Of Cheap Renewable Energy
APRIL 18, 2023
By Paul Homewood

It looks like the government is opening the door for higher prices for renewables:

Government seeking views on introducing Contracts for Difference reforms rewarding applicants for including factors not only based on price in projects.

Potential reforms to Contracts for Difference could mean applicants would be rewarded for including wider benefits their projects could bring when submitting price bids to government for their low-carbon electricity

these ‘non-price factors’ could include supply chain sustainability, addressing skills gaps and innovation, help drive investment in the sector and boost country’s energy security
today’s step builds plans to create a more secure energy future and grow our economy, by supporting thriving green industries and high quality jobs

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/04/18/govt-quietly-drops-promises-of-cheap-renewable-energy/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Govt Quietly Drops Promises Of Cheap Renewable Energy
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 08:39:27 pm »
Yeah, yeah...

Meet the new boss, just like the old boss.

I remember when nuclear power was 'going to be so cheap it's practically be free'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Govt Quietly Drops Promises Of Cheap Renewable Energy
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 09:47:10 pm »
Smokin' Joe recalls:
I remember when nuclear power was 'going to be so cheap it's practically be free'

Yup.
So cheap, you wouldn't even need a meter to measure it...