Author Topic: Don’t Be Duped: China Has Chosen Growth Over Vacuous Climate Pledges  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY MILTON EZRATI ON APR 18, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Don’t Be Duped: China Has Chosen Growth Over Vacuous Climate Pledges

china coal smogAs with many other nations these days, tension exists in China between climate and pollution considerations on the one hand and the desire for economic growth on the other.

Though Beijing has assured the international community any number of times that it sincerely aims to decrease pollution and cut back on emissions of greenhouse gases, its actions have spoken louder than its words and show that China’s leadership has prioritized growth, and with the heavy use of coal no less. [emphasis, links added]

When it comes to climate and pollution, Beijing has said all the right things. In November 2021, Chinese leader Xi Jinping with considerable fanfare assured the United Nations (U.N.) that his country would reach complete carbon neutrality by 2060.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/dont-be-duped-china-has-chosen-growth-over-vacuous-climate-pledges/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Smog in Shanghai.
It's not only about economic growth.
It's about world domination.
And from how The West seems to be going, looks like the Chinese are going to win.