Author Topic: The Broken Science Initiative  (Read 113 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Broken Science Initiative
« on: April 19, 2023, 11:23:13 am »

The Broken Science Initiative
Description
In 2022, Greg Glassman and Emily Kaplan launched The Broken Science Initiative to free any man from the tyranny of broken science and its scientists. Through a shared interest in the replication crisis in medicine, this intellectual exploration led to a fascination with predictability and the lack of probability theory in most of science (we joke, all the ologies and medicine). We'll break down why p-values, confidence intervals, and a misplaced emphasis on method are tools of Broken Science. Then we'll share alternative ways of deriving validation --in fact, we'll argue our ways are the only real ways to find predictable outcomes. We will show you how and why we've gotten things so dangerously wrong, who's responsible and hopefully provide you with a new perspective on what science is and what it is not. When predictive value is replaced by consensus thinking, one is left with nonsense that won't replicate, that's Broken Science.

https://www.youtube.com/@thebrokenscienceinitiative/about
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson