Author Topic: Ross McKitrick: The important climate study you won't hear about Challenges trends in climate simula  (Read 100 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ross McKitrick: The important climate study you won't hear about
Challenges trends in climate simulations

Author of the article:Ross McKitrick,  Special to Financial Post
Published Apr 12, 2023  •  Last updated 1 week ago  •  4 minute read

An important new study on climate change came out recently. I’m not talking about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Synthesis Report with its nonsensical headline “Urgent climate action can secure a liveable future for all.” No, that’s just meaningless sloganeering proving yet again how far the IPCC has departed from its original mission of providing objective scientific assessments.

Article content
Get ready for rates to rise 'very, very quickly:' Benjamin Tal

I’m referring instead to a new paper in the Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres by a group of scientists at the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) headed by Cheng-Zhi Zou, which presents a new satellite-derived temperature record for the global troposphere (the atmospheric layer from one kilometre up to about 10 km altitude).

The troposphere climate record has been heavily debated for two reasons. First, it’s where climate models say the effect of warming due to greenhouse gases (GHGs) will be the strongest, especially in the mid-troposphere. And since that layer is not affected by urbanization or other changes to the land surface it’s a good place to observe a clean signal of the effect of GHGs.

https://financialpost.com/opinion/ross-mckitrick-the-important-climate-study-you-wont-hear-about
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson