Author Topic: 3 Luxury Electric Cars Ready to Bankrupt You With Over $10,000 in Maintenance and Repairs  (Read 125 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

3 Luxury Electric Cars Ready to Bankrupt You With Over $10,000 in Maintenance and Repairs
Story by Steven Teleky • Yesterday 11:37 AM

When it comes to owning an electric vehicle (EV), maintenance costs are typically very low. Traditional internal combustion engines have multiple systems that need regular servicing to keep them running as smoothly as possible. Some of these maintenance items and wear-related replacement jobs include oil changes, transmission fluid flushes, radiator flushes, timing chain replacements, valve cover gasket replacements, water pump replacements, thermostat replacements, brake fluid bleeding and replacement, brake pad replacements, brake rotor replacements, and the list goes on and on. Some of these maintenance items, like an oil change, can be performed at home for less than $50, and some replacement items, like replacing a faulty thermostat, will only set you back around $5 if you can replace it yourself.

On the other hand, electric cars typically don’t have the same amount of components that could fail. Brake systems on EVs usually revolve around regenerative braking, which reduces brake pad wear. Additionally, while most EVs have a cooling system of some kind, it is typically less rudimentary than a typical internal combustion engine’s radiator and requires less servicing. However, not every EV is easy to own, with some electric luxury cars capable of piling up huge repair bills.

1. Tesla Model S

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/3-luxury-electric-cars-ready-to-bankrupt-you-with-over-10-000-in-maintenance-and-repairs/ar-AA1a0NUB?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=26b7ac2248af4ab1899580c55b32509a&ei=36
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson