Author Topic: ‘Not A Firearms Expert’: Biden’s ATF Chief Admits He Can’t Define What An ‘Assault Weapon’ Is  (Read 294 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Not A Firearms Expert’: Biden’s ATF Chief Admits He Can’t Define What An ‘Assault Weapon’ Is

Trevor Schakohl
Legal Reporter
April 18, 2023 12:49 PM ET
Font Size:

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Director Steve Dettelbach was unable to define the term “assault weapon” during his agency’s Tuesday budget request hearing  before a House Appropriations subcommittee.

Dettelbach told Republican Texas Rep. Jake Ellzey that he had expressed support for passing an assault weapons ban in Ohio during his unsuccessful 2018 campaign to become the state’s attorney general, noting that the Biden administration endorses instituting “an assault weapons ban.” Ellzey asked Dettelbach to define an “assault weapon” in 15 seconds.

“I’ll go shorter than that, because honestly, if Congress wishes to take that up, I think Congress would have to do the work, but we would be there to provide technical assistance,” Dettelbach said. “I, unlike you, am not a firearms expert to the same extent as you maybe, but we have people at ATF who can talk about velocity of firearms, what damage different kinds of firearms cause, so that whatever determination you chose to make would be an informed one.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/04/18/atf-director-define-assault-weapon/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Kinda hard to define that which doesn't exist except in the fervent imaginations of the anti gun groups.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
How can you be in favor of banning something when you don't even know what it is?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Kinda hard to define that which doesn't exist except in the fervent imaginations of the anti gun groups.
Apparently the idiot thinks the definition must have something to do with the velocity of a round.
“I, unlike you, am not a firearms expert to the same extent as you maybe, but we have people at ATF who can talk about velocity of firearms, what damage different kinds of firearms cause, so that whatever determination you chose to make would be an informed one.”

So by his statement could I expect that he would think Thompson Contender in .243 WIN would qualify as a Assault weapon because it is 3900fps? How about same in .45-70 Gov. because large caliber big damage? Wouldn't be nice if just once Brandon picked someone because of knowledge and ability instead of agenda?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Apparently the idiot thinks the definition must have something to do with the velocity of a round.
“I, unlike you, am not a firearms expert to the same extent as you maybe, but we have people at ATF who can talk about velocity of firearms, what damage different kinds of firearms cause, so that whatever determination you chose to make would be an informed one.”

So by his statement could I expect that he would think Thompson Contender in .243 WIN would qualify as a Assault weapon because it is 3900fps? How about same in .45-70 Gov. because large caliber big damage? Wouldn't be nice if just once Brandon picked someone because of knowledge and ability instead of agenda?
And no one has mentioned the terminal ballistics of a rifled slug, sabot slug, or even a load of #6 shot delivered at close range.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis