Author Topic: Washington Post editorial board says the VA should reduce its benefits for veterans  (Read 340 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Washington Post editorial board says the VA should reduce its benefits for veterans
April 6, 2023

Matthew Webb, a triple amputee Marine that competes in swimming and shooting, swims during a Marine Corps Trials swimming camp in 2013. Photo by then Lance Cpl. Trevon Peracca
The Washington Post is under fire from a major veteran advocacy organization after attempting to help seed the idea of cutting the earned benefits of veterans who earn over a certain amount.

In a scathing response by Veterans of Foreign Wars Executive Director Ryan Gallucci, the idea of cutting veterans benefits was roundly denounced after being proposed by The Washington Post editorial board

The topic in question regarded the Post’s coverage of a proposal by the Congressional Budget Office, which estimates limiting payments for veterans who earn more than $170,000 would save taxpayers money.

“Veterans deserve support,” read a headline from The Washington Post editorial board. “But one benefit program deserves scrutiny.”

https://popularmilitary.com/washington-post-editorial-board-says-the-va-should-reduce-its-benefits-for-veterans/?traffic_source=Connatix
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They probably believe the government needs more money to take care of the people from all over the world who sneak in so they think taking from those who have given so much for America is good idea. :im waiting:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
If one is a retired servicemember, 40% or less disabled, VA disability payments are $ for $ reductions in retired pay.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of disability percentages and how much, exactly, those POS at the WaPo think this will save.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

What is the Washington Post Editorial Board's stance on widows and orphans?

Of all the "greedy welfare moochers" to go after, veterans?  Really?  How about cutting corporate welfare?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

No.  Of all the groups that get benefits, veterans are the only group of people who have well and truly earned those benefits.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This is simply what I would expect from the left since WWII, which is the last time I think there was universal respect and consideration for the military and Veterans, since then the left has without any attempt to conceal openly and increasingly waged war on the military and Veterans. The one group that we should give 100% to are those that serve to protect our nation, and most especially those who gave life, limb and sometimes mind doing it.

Online berdie

No.  Of all the groups that get benefits, veterans are the only group of people who have well and truly earned those benefits.

Exactly. Let's penalize the people that make this country safe and free so we can give more to illegal immigrants seems to be the WaPo's stance. 9999hair out0000

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Democrats want to hoard money from Veterans so they can buy votes from all the illegals they are importing every day.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Billions upon billions upon billions for illegals.
Billions upon billions upon billions for welfare.

Cuts for the vets.

Gotcha...!!