Author Topic: Unfit for use? More EV Woes  (Read 113 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unfit for use? More EV Woes
« on: April 18, 2023, 11:05:20 am »
Unfit for use? More EV Woes
6 hours ago Eric Worrall 
Essay by Eric Worrall

“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t curse these silly electric cars under my breath once or twice.”

‘Brutal:’ EV Road Trip Features Bundling Up in Winter Clothes to Avoid Running Heater

ALANA MASTRANGELO
17 Apr 202311

A Business Insider reporter learned how “brutal” a road trip in an electric vehicle (EV) can be when he was forced to bundle up instead of using the heater in his car to try to maximize his range. After the trip he commented, “I’d be lying if I said I didn’t curse these silly electric cars under my breath once or twice.”

Business Insider’s Tim Levin drove the new Toyota bZ4X electric SUV from New York City to Washington, DC and back, and discovered that he was forced to spend roughly a quarter of his time charging his electric vehicle. But it got worse from there.

“I hit the road back to New York on a chilly morning with 176 miles of range. When I went to turn on the heat, the indicated range plummeted to 125 miles,” Levin wrote.

Therefore, Levin had to make a decision: stay warm and charge twice, or turn off the heat — given the effect that it has on the vehicle’s battery life and range — and deal with the cold. He chose the latter.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/04/17/unfit-for-use-more-ev-woes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson