Author Topic: The media care only about mass shootings that agitate white women  (Read 126 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
April 17, 2023
The media care only about mass shootings that agitate white women
By Andrea Widburg

On Saturday, in Dadeville, Alabama, a Sweet Sixteen party turned into a bloodbath when one of the guests shot 32 people, leaving four dead and 28 injured. This was the kind of mass shooting that ought to have been the topic of news stories for days, even weeks. Except, it wasn’t. Sure, the media covered it, but it was maybe a four out of ten on the outrage scale. There’s a reason for that: The shooting seems to have occurred within the black community in a red state, and there’s no political hay to be made from that fact.

Initially, the race of the shooter and victims wasn’t immediately clear, so you could feel the media getting ready to spring. Then, it became apparent that the shooter and victims involved in the mass shooting in this small southern town were black. The first hint was the media’s disinterest.

For the facts, you really had to wade through the stories to discover the racial identities of the young people murdered. (See here, here, and here, with that last linked item showing a bloody handprint horribly reminiscent of what happened in Benghazi on Hillary’s watch.) The shooter’s identity is still under wraps but, if he or she were white, we’d know.

The main point is that, for the media and the Democrat party (but I repeat myself), this was a completely useless story because it wouldn’t move any needles. Therefore, they confined themselves to reporting it as straight news of limited interest.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/04/the_media_care_only_about_mass_shootings_that_agitate_white_women.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson