Author Topic: Help wanted: Guardsman applies to be hitman, gets arrested instead  (Read 95 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Help wanted: Guardsman applies to be hitman, gets arrested instead
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 Friday, Apr 14

A wannabe assassin looking to use his skills to earn some extra cash is now instead targeting a way to keep out of prison over a bogus murder-for-hire job application.

Authorities recently arrested a Tennessee Air National Guard service member after he reportedly sought work as a hitman on a fake website known to lure would-be criminals.

FBI agents earlier this month arrested Josiah Ernesto Garcia, 21, who allegedly attempted to become a hired killer with the parody website rentahitman.com, according to a criminal complaint filed in a Tennessee district court.

Authorities charged him Thursday for the use of interstate commerce facilities in the commission of murder-for-hire, the court release added.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/04/14/help-wanted-guardsman-applies-to-be-hitman-gets-arrested-instead/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson