Author Topic: Texas Bill to Create Militia to Capture Migrants Sparks Vigilante Fears  (Read 800 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas Bill to Create Militia to Capture Migrants Sparks Vigilante Fears
BY GIULIA CARBONARO ON 4/17/23 AT 6:02 AM EDT

Texas Republican Rep. Matt Schaefer has introduced a controversial bill that would extend the legal framework around border enforcement beyond federal officials alone.

The proposed legislation, which would allow the Southern state to have its own state border-protection unit, has been bashed by critics who fear that it will lead to vigilante justice against migrants.

Schaefer introduced the bill—House Bill (HB) 20—to the Texas House State Affairs Committee last week. He said that Texans are in "imminent danger" due to the skyrocketing number of fentanyl trafficking and poisoning deaths in the state.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-bill-militia-migrants-vigilante-schaefer-1794696
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Well, if the federal government is not going to do its job of controlling the border, what else does one expect?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Educate me Texans, I know Texas has a state militia already, so is this needed, necessary, etc?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Educate me Texans, I know Texas has a state militia already, so is this needed, necessary, etc?

The Texas State Militia is Not Organized, Controlled, and Funded by the Texas State Government.

http://texasstatemilitia.net/what-we-do

WHAT IS THE TEXAS STATE MILITIA?

In short, The Texas State Militia is YOU.

Sons, Daughters, Fathers, Mothers… Patriots all

An unyielding sense of responsibility to our community, our state, and to the United States Constitution permeates everything we do and why we do it.

As an organization, we provide support and educational services  for our local communities and municipalities.

Some services include conducting classes, lectures, practical applications, and workshops in the fields of:

•   Emergency medical training

•   Search and Rescue 

•   Disaster Preparation and Recovery

•   Self Defense (armed and unarmed)

•   Neighborhood watch organization

•   Emergency radio communication

•   Wilderness survival/first aid

Training events are held across the state on a regular basis free of charge as well as any training materials in connection therewith.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
While I support this initiative, I fear it will paint targets on these brave souls from Cartel assassin thugs.

If they do this, it better be created and managed as a military operation instead of a law enforcement project.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Texas State Militia is Not Organized, Controlled, and Funded by the Texas State Government.

Thanks @Elderberry I thought it was. Makes more sense now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hear! Hear!
I've been advocating this for a long time in this forum.

Elderberry wrote:
"The Texas State Militia is Not Organized, Controlled, and Funded by the Texas State Government."

Then, bigosh, pass legislation that "organizes", "controls", and "funds" such a militia.

It should be obvious the DCommunist government has no interest in enforcing the border or enforcing the laws insofar as illegal invasion is concerned.

In that case, the duty for enforcement falls upon the states and upon "the people" themselves.

Of course the federals will sue to stop such enforcement.
Fine.
Then appeal it upwards and quickly -- let the Supreme Court decide.

And catfish worries:
"I fear it will paint targets on these brave souls from Cartel assassin thugs."

Then call out the organized Texas National Guard and go after them, military-style.
I'd prefer "search and destroy".
Is Lt. Calley available?