Author Topic: Wind farms and Congress – polar opposites  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wind farms and Congress – polar opposites
« on: April 17, 2023, 11:33:11 am »
Wind farms and Congress – polar opposites
By Duggan Flanakin |April 16th, 2023

The latest poll shows that 78 percent of Americans disapprove of the performance of the U.S Congress, while just 18 percent approve. Yet in the latest poll that matters, Congressional incumbents had a 98 percent win rate. The reason most offered is that, while people despise Congress, they are quite fond of “their” Congress member.

Of course, in the entrenched Congress very few seats are even contestable, and party leaders support those whose votes can be counted on. The entire system is so corrupt that hardly anyone even knows what their representatives are voting on beyond the headlines.

By contrast, while public support for wind power is high (77 percent according to a 2021 poll), huge numbers of people oppose individual wind farms that impact their daily lives. Opposition to onshore and offshore wind spans the political spectrum to include environmentalists, chambers of commerce, fishermen, Native American tribes, ferry operators, airport commissions, business groups, municipalities, and homeowners.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/04/16/wind-farms-and-congress-polar-opposites/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=wind-farms-and-congress-polar-opposites&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=wind-farms-and-congress-polar-opposites
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson