Author Topic: Biden risks Chinese invasion of Taiwan by not delivering promised weapons: Rep. McCaul  (Read 242 times)

Offline Kamaji

Biden risks Chinese invasion of Taiwan by not delivering promised weapons: Rep. McCaul

By Carl Campanile
April 16, 2023

President Biden is inviting a China invasion of US ally Taiwan by failing to deliver promised weapons there to deter war, the head of the House Foreign Affairs Committee said Sunday.

“I would hope the administration would wake up and start getting these weapons [to Taiwan],” Texas GOP Rep. Michael McCaul said on Fox News Channel’s Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo.

“I see no deterrence from this administration.”

McCaul likened the China-Taiwan situation to Russia’s 2022 invasion of Ukraine — and the appeasement of Nazi monster Adolf Hitler during World War II.

The lawmaker warned a blockade would be damaging for the US. and world economy, noting some of America’s largest tech firms rely on Taiwan for 90% of their semiconductor chips — and that China would control the supply.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/16/biden-risks-chinese-invasion-of-taiwan-by-not-delivering-promised-weapons-rep-mccaul/

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Maybe the weapons all went to Ukraine?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.