Author Topic: THE LEFT HAS ALLOWED CRIME TO FLOURISH IN CHICAGO—NOW THEY’RE OUTRAGED ABOUT CLOSURE OF WALMART STOR  (Read 883 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
THE LEFT HAS ALLOWED CRIME TO FLOURISH IN CHICAGO—NOW THEY’RE OUTRAGED ABOUT CLOSURE OF WALMART STORES (VIDEO)

As recently reported on Def-Con News—click HERE to go to the April 13, 2023, article—Walmart is closing four stores in Chicago.
This from thegatewaypundit.com.

The leadership at Walmart never came out and said it, but shoplifting and theft are obviously the problems that have led to these stores losing millions and deciding to close.
And now, the [democrats communists/globalists] who run Chicago and have allowed crime to flourish in the city, are outraged at Walmart for pulling out of the community.

Book Club Chicago reported:
South Side Leaders demand meeting with Walmart, threaten boycott as mega-retailer closes four neighborhood stores.

Aziz Rupshi was at the doctor’s office with his mother when he found out Chatham’s Walmart, where he owns and operates a Subway sandwich shop, would soon close.

Rupshi got the word as many others did: local news.

He said:
I’ve run my shop inside the South Side Walmart for years. The grocery store is constantly humming with customers.

He continued:

https://defconnews.com/2023/04/16/the-left-has-allowed-crime-to-flourish-in-chicago-now-theyre-outraged-about-closure-of-walmart-stores-video/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
South Side Leaders demand meeting with Walmart, threaten boycott as mega-retailer closes four neighborhood stores.

A little too late when they've already boycotted you.
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

So let me get this straight: unless Walmart agrees to allow these people to continue to steal from them, the people stealing from them are going to refuse to patronize them?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So let me get this straight: unless Walmart agrees to allow these people to continue to steal from them, the people stealing from them are going to refuse to patronize them?

:pondering:

Well, they didn't say it was a well thought out strategery.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
:pondering:

Well, they didn't say it was a well thought out strategery.

For the left it is!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

Not only are there food deserts in certain areas of many cities because of thievery, but now it appears there might not be any businesses period if those areas.
It appears that certain demographics can't seem to connect the dots regarding rampant thievery and stores not wishing to be robbed blind leaving to avoid the thievery.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

In my humble opinion, I don't thing the shoplifting (and looting) was the precipitating factor here.  I think it was the assaults on employees that convinced the Walmart execs to pull up stakes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The libs better temper their outrage.  There is going to be a long siog of dis-investment from urban centers, similar to what occurred after World War II.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

The libs better temper their outrage.  There is going to be a long siog of dis-investment from urban centers, similar to what occurred after World War II.

Detroit. It has a long, long way back.

Offline goatprairie

Detroit. It has a long, long way back.
My father grew up in Detroit. When I first visited my grandparents who still lived there in 1955, their home was in Detroit. The next time we visited eight years later they were living in the suburbs.
During that latter trip (which included a trip across the Ambassador Bridge to Windsor, Ontario...my first trip to Canada) we visited some of my father's relatives who were still living in an area that was mostly black. I still remember the unpainted and deteriorating houses in the neighborhood where his cousins lived. Also remember crossing The Mackinac Bridge for the first time on the roundabout way back home.
My grandparents are now long dead as are my parents. None of my father's many relatives live near Detroit. I wonder how many other people have a similar story.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 02:55:02 pm by goatprairie »

Online roamer_1

My father grew up in Detroit. When I first visited my grandparents who still lived there in 1955, their home was in Detroit. The next time we visited eight years later they were living in the suburbs.
During that latter trip (which included a trip across the Ambassador Bridge to Windsor, Ontario...my first trip to Canada) we visited some of my father's relatives who were still living in an area that was mostly black. I still remember the unpainted and deteriorating houses in the neighborhood where his cousins lived. Also remember crossing The Mackinac Bridge for the first time on the roundabout way back home.
My grandparents are now long dead as are my parents. None of my father's many relatives live near Detroit. I wonder how many other people have a similar story.

No doubt there was a bad side of town... But my memory of Detroit was still in its heyday... I dunno, late 60s, early 70s perhaps, and to my young eyes at the time it was all a-bustle, clean and organized. The places I knew of it are all plowed under now, I think.

Offline goatprairie

No doubt there was a bad side of town... But my memory of Detroit was still in its heyday... I dunno, late 60s, early 70s perhaps, and to my young eyes at the time it was all a-bustle, clean and organized. The places I knew of it are all plowed under now, I think.
The highlight of the '63 trip was to the Detroit Historical Museum on Woodward Avenue which my older brother and I saw as many exhibits as we could in our allotted time. I don't know what the surrounding scene looked like four years later during the riot, but we had a good time four years earlier.

Offline LMAO

Leftist “logic”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34