Author Topic: How much of a threat does Russia’s Pacific fleet pose to the US?  (Read 87 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How much of a threat does Russia’s Pacific fleet pose to the US?
The Russian navy has been active in the Pacific during the war in Ukraine.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED APR 14, 2023 4:52 PM EDT

Russia has launched a surprise inspection of its Pacific Fleet, and a video posted on Twitter shows some of Russia’s ships in the Pacific going underway for military exercises.

The U.S. military has long been focused on China’s Navy and other armed forces as its primary challenge in the Indo-Pacific region, but Russia’s naval drills serve as a reminder that it can project combat power in the Pacific Ocean as well.

The Defense Department declined to provide any information about the age and capabilities of Russian ships, submarines, and aircraft that operate in the Pacific.

“While we routinely monitor Russian naval activity around the world, we are not able to provide intelligence assessments of their disposition or capabilities,” said Army Maj. Charlie Dietz, a Pentagon spokesman.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/russia-pacific-fleet-challenge-united-states/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson