Author Topic: Reality Versus The Tesla Energy Report, Part II  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Reality Versus The Tesla Energy Report, Part II
« on: April 15, 2023, 11:31:05 am »
Reality Versus The Tesla Energy Report, Part II
April 11, 2023/ Francis Menton

My previous post discussed a few aspects of the just-issued Tesla Report with the title “Sustainable Energy for All of Earth.”  Today, I’ll poke around at a couple more.

If you were to try to read this Report (not recommended) you will quickly find your head spinning in a sea of numbers the significance of which is completely unclear.  Was that last number expressed in kilowatts, megawatts, gigawatts, terawatts or petawatts?  Is it big or small?  Reasonable or completely absurd?  It’s quite difficult to tell without some context.  So let me try to provide some of that.

You probably know that New York State seeks to establish its pre-eminence in the energy transition game with its Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act of 2019.  The CLCPA sets a series of targets for reductions in greenhouse gas emissions.  The first big target is a 40% reduction in GHG emissions by 2030.  The easiest place to achieve those reductions — and maybe the only place to achieve most of them — is in the electricity generating sector.  Since the electricity sector represents well less than 40% of primary energy consumption in New York, the achievement of the 40% GHG reduction essentially means the near complete elimination of fossil fuels from electricity generation by 2030.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2023-4-11-reality-versus-the-tesla-energy-report-part-ii
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Reality Versus The Tesla Energy Report, Part II
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 12:07:21 pm »
Interesting discussion, thanks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis