Author Topic: Sorry, PBS, Bangladeshi Farm Innovation Has Nothing to Do with Climate Change  (Read 120 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sorry, PBS, Bangladeshi Farm Innovation Has Nothing to Do with Climate Change
By H. Sterling Burnett -April 14, 20230

PBS News Weekend ran a story claiming farmers in Bangladesh are developing innovative ways to adapt to climate change. That Bangladeshi’s are innovating is laudable and valuable, but their actions have nothing to do with climate change because data show no significant changes are affecting Bangladesh. In short, the innovations taking place are adaptations to weather patterns and events that have impacted Bangladesh from time immemorial.

The report, “Driven by necessity, Bangladesh develops innovations to fight climate change,” opens with this claim:

The low-lying nation of Bangladesh suffers disproportionately from climate change, despite producing just 0.5 percent of the world’s carbon emissions. It’s also creating innovative ways to predict and protect against climate-driven disasters, and discovering new ways to build resilience using natural resources.

Continuing:

https://climaterealism.com/2023/04/sorry-pbs-bangladeshi-farm-innovation-has-nothing-to-do-with-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson