Author Topic: Calcitriol [Vitamin D - Proven Effective Against Covid]  (Read 960 times)

Online Hoodat

Calcitriol [Vitamin D - Proven Effective Against Covid]
« on: April 15, 2023, 05:36:59 am »
Calcitriol modifies tight junctions, improves barrier function, and reduces TNF-α-induced barrier leak in the human lung-derived epithelial cell culture model, 16HBE 14o-

Elizabeth Rybakovsky, Katherine M. DiGuilio, Mary Carmen Valenzano, Sophie Geagan, Kaithlyn Pham, Ronald N. Harty, James M. Mullin

First published: 11 April 2023 https://doi.org/10.14814/phy2.15592

1 INTRODUCTION

There is now substantial published literature indicating that the current COVID-19 epidemic is associated with an inverse correlation between Vitamin D status and COVID infection rates and severity. Patients exhibiting Vitamin D deficiency were 5-fold more likely to manifest infection after adjusting for age (Katz et al., 2021). Deficiency also correlated with in-patient mortality rates (Infante et al., 2021). The clinical data are less clear regarding Vitamin D supplementation (with frequent calls in the literature for expanded clinical trials [Murdaca et al., 2020]) but the highly favorable risk/benefit ratio for this micronutrient prompted recommendations for its immediate clinical use (Brenner & Schöttker, 2020). This current SARS-CoV-2-driven interest in Vitamin D draws from a past interest in Vitamin D therapeutic and prophylactic utility for respiratory viruses in general. For a wide array of respiratory infections  .  .  .

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.14814/phy2.15592

In other words, Conservatives were right all along.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

Re: Calcitriol [Vitamin D - Proven Effective Against Covid]
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 07:20:02 am »
It was reported nearly from the beginning while it was still in China that the vast majority of those who got seriously ill and/or died were significantly deficient in vitamin D based on blood serum levels.

My family and I, including my 87 year old mother took 5,000 IU vitamin D3 daily and none of us got seriously ill though out the pandemic.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 07:36:12 am »
So they wanted everyone locked down, inside, behind that new, "green" energy efficient E-glass that cancels out the sun's rays, so they'd STAY deficient, when wheeling them out in the sun for a little bit could have been one of the best things for them.

"Science", my ass...

Yes, I took Vitamin D and C as well as the Ivermectin/doxycycline/zinc...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 07:37:10 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 03:16:29 am »
So they wanted everyone locked down, inside, behind that new, "green" energy efficient E-glass that cancels out the sun's rays, so they'd STAY deficient, when wheeling them out in the sun for a little bit could have been one of the best things for them.

Imagine that.  A disease associated with bats in their cool dry caves outside of the reach of sunlight, and their recommendation is to remain isolated in our dry air-conditioned human bat caves outside the reach of sunlight.  Heck, the Dems even closed the beaches.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 06:47:30 am »
It was reported nearly from the beginning while it was still in China that the vast majority of those who got seriously ill and/or died were significantly deficient in vitamin D based on blood serum levels.

My family and I, including my 87 year old mother took 5,000 IU vitamin D3 daily and none of us got seriously ill though out the pandemic.

Same dosage here with D3, and a Zinc Vit C fizzy drink was my regiment.  As far as I know I never caught COVID.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2023, 03:28:58 pm »
Same dosage here with D3, and a Zinc Vit C fizzy drink was my regiment.  As far as I know I never caught COVID.

You likely did, just didn't know it.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2023, 03:44:00 pm »
You likely did, just didn't know it.

Maybe not in my case.  (1) My first job out of college was with the State Dept of Health, add my 24 hours of Micro, and contacts with CDC?
(2) I am the ultimate curmudgeon and was a practioner of social distancng long before it ever became a term.  I typically don't get within 6 feet of anyone outside of family or close friends.  Just my nature.  (3) During the pandemic, I set up elaborate disinfection stations with 200 ppm bleach solution. 

You are right, I might have  caught it, but if there was a case study of ones who did avoid it.....     :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2023, 05:20:12 am »
Maybe not in my case.  (1) My first job out of college was with the State Dept of Health, add my 24 hours of Micro, and contacts with CDC?
(2) I am the ultimate curmudgeon and was a practioner of social distancng long before it ever became a term.  I typically don't get within 6 feet of anyone outside of family or close friends.  Just my nature.  (3) During the pandemic, I set up elaborate disinfection stations with 200 ppm bleach solution. 

You are right, I might have  caught it, but if there was a case study of ones who did avoid it.....     :cool:

I don't know with certainty that I got it, but I likely did. I had a weird high on and off fever for a couple of days as did my mother early on when this all started. No other symptoms. But I don't recall every having a fever like that before.