General Category > Computers

Eliminating that annoying "pop up" box with

(1/4) > >>

sneakypete:
How do I eliminate that annoying "pop up box" that slides across my screen and blocking what I am typing?

Has crucial info in it,like the birthdays of Hollywood stars,gardening tips,weather reports,etc,etc,etc.

Weird Tolkienish Figure:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on April 14, 2023, 10:03:15 pm ---How do I eliminate that annoying "pop up box" that slides across my screen and blocking what I am typing?

Has crucial info in it,like the birthdays of Hollywood stars,gardening tips,weather reports,etc,etc,etc.

--- End quote ---

On this site? That sounds like malware to me, when did it start?

roamer_1:
@sneakypete

Yeah, sounds like adware... There is no such thing on this site.

Install Malwarebytes ADWCleaner , and run  it... let it murder what it wants to.

If it found something, and fixed you, Report back... Otherwise something more substantial may be required...

PS: you need not buy anything to run this tool... And it can be uninstalled at your leisure. It does not run in the back ground and is only for cleaning an existing problem.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Weird Tolkienish Figure on April 14, 2023, 10:24:25 pm ---On this site? That sounds like malware to me, when did it start?

--- End quote ---

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

@roamer_1

It started when I downloaded WIN 10 on the new "wiped computer. It now pops up and blocks my screen so I  can't read or write a post. Hitting the "x"at the top right of the box only  seems to encourage it.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on April 14, 2023, 11:39:26 pm ---@Weird Tolkienish Figure

@roamer_1

It started when I downloaded WIN 10 on the new "wiped computer. It now pops up and blocks my screen so I  can't read or write a post. Hitting the "x"at the top right of the box only  seems to encourage it.

--- End quote ---

Which browser are you using, @sneakypete ? (Edge, Chrome, Firefox)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version