Author Topic: GOP Rep. Mace on Abortion: ‘Women Are Not Going to Vote for Us’ — 2024 Will Be a ‘Bloodbath’  (Read 4444 times)

Offline cato potatoe

That was the message we seemed to have some success in getting across to the electorate in the runup to the midterms, until that tone-deaf idiot Lindsey Graham deep-sixed it by announcing support of legislation for a tight nationwide restriction on abortion.  The dems couldn’t have scored a bigger PR coup than that moment.

The republicans need to be tactful, and only make restrictions that are durable in each state.  Otherwise, they risk a landslide defeat, at which point the dems will turn the US into a center for child sacrifice.  Half a million abortions per year is preferable to a million and a half.  We simply do not have the means to abolish the practice, outside of dictatorship.  Women have been pampered and lied to for decades.

Online libertybele

The republicans need to be tactful, and only make restrictions that are durable in each state.  Otherwise, they risk a landslide defeat, at which point the dems will turn the US into a center for child sacrifice.  Half a million abortions per year is preferable to a million and a half.  We simply do not have the means to abolish the practice, outside of dictatorship.  Women have been pampered and lied to for decades.

The issue of abortion has been returned to the States period -- it has NOT been abolished. The practice of abortion is never going to go away -- there will always be doctors who will perform the procedure regardless of law.

In a nutshell, compromising with the leftists is trading lives for votes. No thank you.

Conservatives have compromised with the leftists on many issues and that's why we lose.  What do conservatives stand for if they keep leaning left?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

The issue of abortion has been returned to the States period -- it has NOT been abolished. The practice of abortion is never going to go away -- there will always be doctors who will perform the procedure regardless of law.

In a nutshell, compromising with the leftists is trading lives for votes. No thank you.

Conservatives have compromised with the leftists on many issues and that's why we lose.  What do conservatives stand for if they keep leaning left?

That is precisely right... and Right.
 :yowsa:

Offline LMAO

Some are missing the point
We’re all aware that the Dobbs decision did not ban abortion, but returned it to the states. But it is still an issue. And  it’s an election issue.

What should the GOP position be once a woman discover she’s pregnant? She’s property of the state until she gives birth? Good luck with that one.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

I don’t believe that the GOP should adopt the Democrats position on abortion, which is abortion all the way up to birth with taxpayers paying for it.

But they are going to have to figure something out otherwise we’re gonna end up being a country were the Democrats will have power for as far as he eyes can see were abortion will be legally up to the time the child starts kindergarten
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

Some are missing the point
We’re all aware that the Dobbs decision did not ban abortion, but returned it to the states. But it is still an issue. And  it’s an election issue.

What should the GOP position be once a woman discover she’s pregnant? She’s property of the state until she gives birth? Good luck with that one.

No she is NOT property of the state!  She ultimately makes the decision as to whether or not to abort her child period.  Up to what term she can abort is determined by state law.  That doesn't mean she's the state's property.  That's absurd.  The state is NOT making that decision for her.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 07:16:47 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

No she is NOT property of the state!  She ultimately makes the decision as to whether or not to abort her child period.  Up to what term she can abort is determined by state law.  That doesn't mean she's the state's property.  That's absurd.  The state is NOT making that decision for her.

So you don’t support  banning abortion? I think the Dobbs decision was the correct one. There is no constitutional right to an abortion and therefore, it should go to the states. But  I don’t support abortion bans except maybe after a certain time.

The religious right seems to be for banning all abortions. And, like I said in an earlier post, my position is the same as Rush Limbaugh’s. Change the hearts and minds of people instead.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 07:21:33 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

So you don’t support  banning abortion? I think the Dobbs decision was the correct one. There is no constitutional right to an abortion and therefore, it should go to the states. But  I don’t support abortion bans except maybe after a certain time.

The religious right seems to be for banning all abortions. And, like I said in an earlier post, my position is the same as Rush Limbaugh’s. Change the hearts and minds of people instead.

I never stated that I wasn't in support of banning abortions. 

Change the hearts and minds of people?  That's exactly what the leftists have done to our children at an early age and it's not just on the issue of abortion. Now they are targeting transgenderism.

Online roamer_1

No, you've missed the point on this one friend.

The problem IS Constitutional.
The state (federal or state) has but two ways to sanction death. Just cause or due process. Otherwise, according to its charter, its existence is in order to protect God-given rights, foremost among them, LIFE.

The default duty of this government is to PROTECT life.
They literally cannot sanction death by abortion, or the Constitution literally means nothing.

Online roamer_1

I never stated that I wasn't in support of banning abortions. 

Change the hearts and minds of people?  That's exactly what the leftists have done to our children at an early age and it's not just on the issue of abortion. Now they are targeting transgenderism.

It's always bullshit. It's not a matter of law, which is the only business the government has in this.

The problem is law sanctioning death. That is the problem, and it can only be fixed by correcting the law.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The problem is law sanctioning death.

The problem is that THEY don't consider an unborn baby a life...at least that is what they try to convince themselves of.....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

The problem is that THEY don't consider an unborn baby a life...at least that is what they try to convince themselves of.....

That is true.

My two cents: Also consider teenagers who are very young, uninformed, scared and many alone because the father has left the scene.  That is the group that may not think things all the way through but rather become panicked as to what to do. With so much of society now accepting abortion, the may see that abortion is the answer. 

There was a time when girls were sent away to give birth so that they didn't shame the family or abortions were had before family was able to find out. We have evolved into a society that accepts termination of life as almost commonplace.  It's hard to believe how much things have changed.

Online roamer_1

Right. But that argument is as defeated and absurd as Darwinism. It has all the intellectual meat as an impossible burger... Soon to meet the same popularity.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan fulminates:
"Doesn't matter what position the GOP takes on abortion short of full infanticide, the Rats are gonna demonize it."
and
"Not sure they are yet, but the GOP in too many cases can't seem to overcome them. The real problem is the GOP doesn't know how to fight, or fight dirty, and they let themselves get framed so that we get results like we did in the Wisconsin Supreme Court race"

Agreed.

Jes' a couple o' observations:

For Republicans, the abortion issue is destined to be a never-ending millstone around their necks.

For DCommunists, the abortion issue remains a gift that just keeps on giving...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 10:04:10 pm by Fishrrman »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote:
"A national divorce is all but inevitable."

... and ScottinVA replied:
"I completely agree.  Not only is it inevitable, but vitally necessary."

And you're both right, of course.
So, once more, I'll ask the question:
Is it time yet to convene a new "Heartland Continental Congress"?

(and Bigun, please don't respond with your refrain, "just go back to the Constitution". Even that is in need of a "re-constituting" -- for the failures of the original document are one of the prime reasons we are where we are now)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 10:09:23 pm by Fishrrman »

Online libertybele

Bigun wrote:
"A national divorce is all but inevitable."

... and ScottinVA replied:
"I completely agree.  Not only is it inevitable, but vitally necessary."

And you're both right, of course.
So, once more, I'll ask the question:
Is it time yet to convene a new "Heartland Continental Congress"?

(and Bigun, please don't respond with your refrain, "just go back to the Constitution". Even that is in need of a "re-constituting" -- for the failures of the original document are one of the prime reasons we are where we are now)

??? Failures of the original document???? NO!  It is the failures of our politicians and others to adhere to the Constitution! Secondly, it is the failure of "We the People" to hold them responsible for not adhering to the Constitution!!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Debating liberals whether an unborn fetus is a human being is heart-wrenching by itself, but let's not lose sight of the fact WOMEN SUFFRAGE may be the catalyst in bringing down the Republic, as Founded.

Once again, the Forefathers had it right.  In fact, only property owners could cast a ballot.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
For Republicans, the abortion issue is destined to be a never-ending millstone around their necks.

For DCommunists, the abortion issue remains a gift that just keeps on giving...

And we have so many issues to hit them with right now. Put 'em all in the same soup and suddenly abortion seems like a much smaller thing. Quit letting them keep the spotlight on it without a fight.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

Debating liberals whether an unborn fetus is a human being is heart-wrenching by itself, but let's not lose sight of the fact WOMEN SUFFRAGE may be the catalyst in bringing down the Republic, as Founded.

Once again, the Forefathers had it right.  In fact, only property owners could cast a ballot.

Sorry, but women SHOULD have the right to vote.  They are NOT second class just because they are female.  That notion to me is wrong.

IMHO though the later 'Women's Movement' has had a large negative impact on this country.  Equal rights and equal pay I understand, but ditching responsibility and morality I don't agree with.  There IS gender difference and there IS one sex that is predominantly stronger.  God made two sexes for a reason. Women used to primarily stay at home and took care of the children; ok, warp to present day.  Children are left to their own accord in daycare and various other institutions.  Yes women have the right to work for equal pay.  Many women to their credit still manage a home and tend to their children.  I'm referring to those women who make the decision to put their jobs before family. It has cost our society.

Abortion rights?  The right to terminate life. 

I've read endearing stories of women who were pregnant with multiples and the doctors suggested terminating one or two lives for the sake of the others.  How does one decide?  Many cases it turns out that the all of the babies survived and did fine.

So., who has the right to play God?  You?  Me?  Someone else?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Change the hearts and minds of people?  That's exactly what the leftists have done to our children at an early age and it's not just on the issue of abortion.

This is where the enemy needs to be defeated. Engage them on the battlefield and stop hiding behind politicians.

I sincerely doubt the great eternal question will turn out to be: "Tell Me who you voted for.".

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
??? Failures of the original document???? NO!  It is the failures of our politicians and others to adhere to the Constitution! Secondly, it is the failure of "We the People" to hold them responsible for not adhering to the Constitution!!

:yowsa: Absolutely correct! Every word. @Fishrrman @libertybele
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

This can't be said often enough and loudly enough!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Right. But that argument is as defeated and absurd as Darwinism. It has all the intellectual meat as an impossible burger... Soon to meet the same popularity.
You have to remember we are dealing with people who think 'identifying' as something not only means you are what you 'identify' as, but that they have some right to force you to pander to that delusion.

We're a long way from facts, and something as seminal as when life begins is a long way off for delusional people.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Precisely correct.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Sorry, but women SHOULD have the right to vote.  They are NOT second class just because they are female.  That notion to me is wrong.

IMHO though the later 'Women's Movement' has had a large negative impact on this country.  Equal rights and equal pay I understand, but ditching responsibility and morality I don't agree with.  There IS gender difference and there IS one sex that is predominantly stronger.  God made two sexes for a reason. Women used to primarily stay at home and took care of the children; ok, warp to present day.  Children are left to their own accord in daycare and various other institutions.  Yes women have the right to work for equal pay.  Many women to their credit still manage a home and tend to their children.  I'm referring to those women who make the decision to put their jobs before family. It has cost our society.

Abortion rights?  The right to terminate life. 

I've read endearing stories of women who were pregnant with multiples and the doctors suggested terminating one or two lives for the sake of the others.  How does one decide?  Many cases it turns out that the all of the babies survived and did fine.

So., who has the right to play God?  You?  Me?  Someone else?
I don't even get the 'equal pay' thing unless you are doing the exact same job, with the same results. Too often I hear how 'unfair' it is that some oilfield hand working 12 hour shifts out in the weather is getting paid unfairly much compared to someone who sits in a climate controlled office 9  to 5 and seldom lifts anything heavier than a coffee cup. The pay should be commensurate with the job. If she's doing it and handles it as well as the guys, yes, that should be time for equal pay. But differing jobs are comparing apples to oranges.

C S Lewis