Author Topic: GOP Rep. Mace on Abortion: ‘Women Are Not Going to Vote for Us’ — 2024 Will Be a ‘Bloodbath’  (Read 4263 times)

Offline Kamaji

Good God, y'all... So it's fine to fight for what we believe in... We're just not supposed to win. Talk about lip service...  *****rollingeyes*****

Entertaining the murder of innocents as some sort of compromise is nothing short of demonic... And is not winning. Makes me damn happy I left Republicans behind.

Then do the hard work of persuading people to the correctness of your argument.  Screeching from the street corner about your moral superiority because you don't believe in abortion isn't going to cut it.

Where's the persuasion?  Where is the quiet talk amongst acquaintances and friends - the so-called kitchen-table discussions - that will bring people around?

I see not a single iota of that being done by most republicans, particularly those who are stridently anti-abortion.

Standing on the street corner and screeching about your moral superiority and demanding that everyone else kow-tow to your moral superiority and let you decide the issue is not fighting for your principles, it's vainglorious virtue signaling.

Offline libertybele

Good God, y'all... So it's fine to fight for what we believe in... We're just not supposed to win. Talk about lip service...  *****rollingeyes*****

Entertaining the murder of innocents as some sort of compromise is nothing short of demonic... And is not winning. Makes me damn happy I left Republicans behind.

Exactly!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Standing up for innocent lives seems like a fine hill to die on to me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Then do the hard work of persuading people to the correctness of your argument.  Screeching from the street corner about your moral superiority because you don't believe in abortion isn't going to cut it.

Where's the persuasion?  Where is the quiet talk amongst acquaintances and friends - the so-called kitchen-table discussions - that will bring people around?

I see not a single iota of that being done by most republicans, particularly those who are stridently anti-abortion.

Standing on the street corner and screeching about your moral superiority and demanding that everyone else kow-tow to your moral superiority and let you decide the issue is not fighting for your principles, it's vainglorious virtue signaling.

Screaming at abortion rallies and attacking abortion clinics is screeching and acting on  their moral superiority; talk about vainglorious virtue signaling!  You can't have it both ways.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Amen!  Either you stand for what you believe in or your give in and let others decide what you believe in.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

What about allowing permit-less conceal and carry for unborn babies?  That way, they can defend themselves.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online roamer_1

What horse shit. It is no more virtue signaling advocating for Life than it is to demand consequence for crime... NO OTHER crime against humanity is couched in this bullshit.

THIS is the very BASIS of law and order. This is the very ROOT of our establishment. The very foremost of the enumerated rights, those declared by our creator in a higher court than the courts of Man. This is the very reason for our existence.

And it is exactly a sacrifice to Molech - And do not believe for an instant that Yah will let that continue.
And if we cannot protect the very most innocent among us, then we do in fact deserve every single thing that is coming at us.

Online roamer_1

And believe me, I will die on that hill, right next to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
What horse shit. It is no more virtue signaling advocating for Life than it is to demand consequence for crime... NO OTHER crime against humanity is couched in this bullshit.

THIS is the very BASIS of law and order. This is the very ROOT of our establishment. The very foremost of the enumerated rights, those declared by our creator in a higher court than the courts of Man. This is the very reason for our existence.

And it is exactly a sacrifice to Molech - And do not believe for an instant that Yah will let that continue.
And if we cannot protect the very most innocent among us, then we do in fact deserve every single thing that is coming at us.

:yowsa: Well said!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
////00000////

What about allowing permit-less conceal and carry for unborn babies?  That way, they can defend themselves.

Anti-assault assault weapons. I'm down with that.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

And that will be noted in the grand scheme of things.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
I agree to some degree.  Trump has got to find a way to appeal to the Independent voters.  As far as I can see, he doesn't even try!

Online Hoodat

She's correct.

Only through sheer stupidity.  Abortion is no longer a national issue.  It is a State issue.  And the sooner that federal legislators and Presidential candidates start acting like that, the sooner they can disarm Democrat rhetoric.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

We're not dying on any hill.  We are standing victorious on it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

We're not dying on any hill.  We are standing victorious on it.

888high58888

Online Right_in_Virginia

Every other crime against humanity involves at least two separate and viable human beings.  With the most advanced neonatal care, the point of viability takes 20 weeks of gestation. This is what makes the abortion issue so difficult ----- especially during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. The circumstances are unique and do not fit into established criminal norms and definitions.

Religious dogma is a different story; but we are not a theocracy.

The SC returned the ban/limitations on abortion to the states.  The GOP should leave it there and not nationalize the issue.

Online roamer_1

Every other crime against humanity involves at least two separate and viable human beings.  With the most advanced neonatal care, the point of viability takes 20 weeks of gestation. This is what makes the abortion issue so difficult ----- especially during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. The circumstances are unique and do not fit into established criminal norms and definitions.

Religious dogma is a different story; but we are not a theocracy.

The SC returned the ban/limitations on abortion to the states.  The GOP should leave it there and not nationalize the issue.

More bullcrap. It's about a mamma killing her baby in the womb. Religion aside, there is still nothing more unnatural and debased than that. And the religion cannot be swept aside without damaging our very establishment as a country, which is what I first pointed to.

And finally, the federalist decision is already a compromise. And poor enough.

Online Hoodat

One either values human life.  Or one does not.  Which one do you want as the basis for your society?  Personally, I don't like living in a society where human life is not valued.  Nothing at all difficult about that.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Abortion has NOT been banned. The issue has just been returned to the states where it has always rightfully belonged. We should stop spreading Democrat (read Commie) lies @LMAO
Exactly.

There is a serious failure in the GOP in messaging this target audience.

While the Democrats act as if this is an impending apocalypse, the GOP is FAILING to point out that all that has happened is that control of Abortion Laws has been returned to the States.

If these voters want abortion in their State, if they are that passionate about killing their own in the womb, they can vote for it when they elect their State Legislatures.

The POTUS has NO SAY.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Doesn't matter what position the GOP takes on abortion short of full infanticide, the Rats are gonna demonize it. Just like they did with Social Security, guns, climate, and now transgenderism.

I really don't know what to do. If a majority in this country want to swallow the woke cult religion whole as a measure of their self-righteousness while the nation and their finances go off the economic cliff, there is little hope for people who have no regard for their self-survival.

Perfect example is women in this country who think that they are superior goddess-like beings with 8th dimensional galactic intellectual, social, and emotional genius, but can't seem to avoid from getting knocked up the first time they lay on their back, then want to run from the consequences by killing the baby, and vote for the right to do so. Not to mention the guy is usually a shiftless skeezebag who sweet talked his way into her pants, and she with her galactic level genius fell for his con game.

I have little patience for that continual hypocrisy. If they are indeed the majority then we're doomed.

Not sure they are yet, but the GOP in too many cases can't seem to overcome them. The real problem is the GOP doesn't know how to fight, or fight dirty, and they let themselves get framed so that we get results like we did in the Wisconsin Supreme Court race. With the transgenderism card alone we should be wiping the floor with them, but we're not. The abortion issue would be incidental if they would just get their act together.

The Republic is lost.

Offline art.prout

Doesn't matter what position the GOP takes on abortion short of full infanticide, the Rats are gonna demonize it. Just like they did with Social Security, guns, climate, and now transgenderism.

I really don't know what to do. If a majority in this country want to swallow the woke cult religion whole as a measure of their self-righteousness while the nation and their finances go off the economic cliff, there is little hope for people who have no regard for their self-survival.

Perfect example is women in this country who think that they are superior goddess-like beings with 8th dimensional galactic intellectual, social, and emotional genius, but can't seem to avoid from getting knocked up the first time they lay on their back, then want to run from the consequences by killing the baby, and vote for the right to do so. Not to mention the guy is usually a shiftless skeezebag who sweet talked his way into her pants, and she with her galactic level genius fell for his con game.

I have little patience for that continual hypocrisy. If they are indeed the majority then we're doomed.

Not sure they are yet, but the GOP in too many cases can't seem to overcome them. The real problem is the GOP doesn't know how to fight, or fight dirty, and they let themselves get framed so that we get results like we did in the Wisconsin Supreme Court race. With the transgenderism card alone we should be wiping the floor with them, but we're not. The abortion issue would be incidental if they would just get their act together.

That sir, is indeed the question of our times.

I can (somewhat) easily sway myself into believing one side or the other.  Pretty much depending on my mood.

If I think about my immediate area and sphere, it is clear to me that they are nothing but a very vocal minority amplified by the media and society.

If I am a bit gloomy, and allow myself to give, what is perhaps a more prominent degree of importance than deserved, credence to what we see and hear on the "news," then I silently say to myself, "it is all but over for the shooting."

I can't answer the question, for myself or others.  There are no accurate and believable ways of taking this "national temperature."  Polls and other so called measures of "public sentiment" are not worth the time it takes to read them.  I trust NO polling organization.

All that I can say is that we watch and see.

In time, the answer will become clear, very clear.

Offline ScottinVA

Exactly.

While the Democrats act as if this is an impending apocalypse, the GOP is FAILING to point out that all that has happened is that control of Abortion Laws has been returned to the States.

If these voters want abortion in their State, if they are that passionate about killing their own in the womb, they can vote for it when they elect their State Legislatures.

The POTUS has NO SAY.

That was the message we seemed to have some success in getting across to the electorate in the runup to the midterms, until that tone-deaf idiot Lindsey Graham deep-sixed it by announcing support of legislation for a tight nationwide restriction on abortion.  The dems couldn’t have scored a bigger PR coup than that moment.

Offline ScottinVA

A national divorce is all but inevitable.

I completely agree.  Not only is it inevitable, but vitally necessary.

Online roamer_1

Easy now... The answer to your question is being taught to Bud Light even as we speak.

Stop worrying about all the bullshit they try to feed you. Keep your head down and keep on swinging...

Offline libertybele

Exactly.

The POTUS has NO SAY.

Amen!!!!