Author Topic: GOP Rep. Mace on Abortion: ‘Women Are Not Going to Vote for Us’ — 2024 Will Be a ‘Bloodbath’  (Read 4503 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep. Mace on Abortion: ‘Women Are Not Going to Vote for Us’ — 2024 Will Be a ‘Bloodbath’

Pam Key 14 Apr 2023

Representative Nancy Mace (R-SC) told CBS News Thursday that the Republican Party’s stance on abortion will cost them votes in 2024.

Mace said, “I think it’s going to mean more losses, and I don’t believe that my party has learned anything from 2022 from the midterms. We saw this issue rear its head after Roe was overturned. I was one of the few Republicans that was doing national media talking about and need to build consensus. I read multiple op-eds. I’ve done multiple interviews on the issue. I’m in a bellwether district, and I see the pulse of everyday Americans on both sides of the aisle, men and women alike, and they are not with us. They’re not with the extreme, far right, crazy nut jobs that wanna take this, that wanna go to the extreme places. There are people advocating for women who do not have access to birth control. Like, what the hell are you talking about? You want to lose every race or just a few races?”

She added, “It’s really baffling to me, but this is where we are in our country today, and I think you can find a way to balance the right to life with women’s rights, and it’s just finding that middle ground, putting exceptions for rape, incest, life of the mother and fetal abnormalities, looking at exception, finding reasonable gestational limits and being compassionate, because we can’t win hearts and minds when we are this ugly to other people and particular victims of rape. I can’t tell you how many times I have come out and talked about my story and why I take the positions that I take. Then to only get attacked as a victim of rape about being raped from the far right. It’s wrong, and women are not going to vote for us if this is the stance that we’re going to take. We are going to continue to lose lots of races. You can be conservative and find solutions where most people can agree with you, but if we don’t do that, we’re going to suffer some major losses, and 2024 it’s going to be a bloodbath. I believe it is going to be a dogfight, and I don’t think we know what’s coming.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/04/14/gop-rep-mace-on-abortion-women-are-not-going-to-vote-for-us-2024-will-be-a-bloodbath/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

Abortion and Donald Trump are going to be the one two punch

Both were used quite effectively in the Wisconsin Supreme Court race recently
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

Offline libertybele

So conservatives are supposed to back down on abortion to gain votes???   Wrong in my books.  Conservatives need to stand by their principles and values and only then will they begin to gain ground.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That's how they just won in Wisc with the election of their State Supreme court....the Dems went to all the colleges and the women stood in line from the parking lot to vote...and this is just Wisc..think nationwide.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

The late Rush Limbaugh used to say it best

He used to say that conservatives should not  ban abortion, but instead work to change peoples hearts and minds

We’re already pretty much lost the presidential election for 2024. We cannot afford to lose the house and have the Democrats gain more senate seats.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 09:20:58 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The late Rush Limbaugh used to say it best

He used to say that conservatives should not  ban abortion, but instead work to change peoples hearts and minds

We’re already pretty much lost the presidential election for 2024. We cannot afford to lose the house and have the Democrats gain more senate seats.

Abortion has NOT been banned. The issue has just been returned to the states where it has always rightfully belonged. We should stop spreading Democrat (read Commie) lies @LMAO
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Maybe in the city. Not out here.

2022 election results speak for themselves.

Offline LMAO

Abortion has NOT been banned. The issue has just been returned to the states where it has always rightfully belonged. We should stop spreading Democrat (read Commie) lies @LMAO

OK, but then it goes back to the states were it could be banned. Your argument is not gonna work with the electorate.

So, to prevent abortion for being banned in their states, people will elect more democrats

Barry Goldwater

Offline ScottinVA

I couldn’t agree more with Rep. Mace… the GOP hasn’t come to grips with the fact that abortion is highly popular in this country, and anyone who stands in the way of it will pay dearly at the ballot box.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
OK, but then it goes back to the states were it could be banned. Your argument is not gonna work with the electorate.

So, to prevent abortion for being banned in their states, people will elect more democrats

Not in my state they won't. Even the Hispanics here are not for abortion on demand. Scare tactics are just scare tactics.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Not in my state they won't. Even the Hispanics here are not for abortion on demand. Scare tactics are just scare tactics.

But in mine, and many other swing states, voters will vote, especially young women, to keep abortion legal

I’m not saying the GOP needs to be for abortion all the way up to birth. But they have been successfully defined as being extreme on abortion
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 09:38:54 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline ScottinVA

So conservatives are supposed to back down on abortion to gain votes???   Wrong in my books.  Conservatives need to stand by their principles and values and only then will they begin to gain ground.

I disagree that they’ll gain ground.  Abortion is very popular in this culturally decrepit country, and anyone who pushes against it will pay a hard price at the ballot box.  That said, it still should be opposed, because saving the lives of the unborn is a noble cause.  There are other more important goals to be reached than those of winning elections.

Offline libertybele

I couldn’t agree more with Rep. Mace… the GOP hasn’t come to grips with the fact that abortion is highly popular in this country, and anyone who stands in the way of it will pay dearly at the ballot box.

????  So as conservatives are we supposed to surrender and allow abortions at any level, including partial birth and after birth abortions?  This isn't a matter of getting votes this is a matter of doing what is morally correct. 

As long as conservatives don't stand by their principles conservatism will never prevail.

Gee, let's encourage and allow a couple hundred more abortions to win votes.  *****rollingeyes*****  To me that's just plain sick.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

Ron Desantis just spoke to the largest Christian University in the country & didn’t mention the fact that he signed a 6 week abortion ban (heartbeat bill) last night

Why is that?

11:16 AM · Apr 14, 2023

Offline LMAO

????  So as conservatives are we supposed to surrender and allow abortions at any level, including partial birth and after birth abortions? 

No

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

2022 election results speak for themselves.

Abortion and “ MAGA Republicans”  kept the 2022 midterms from being a bloodbath for the Democrats

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

I disagree that they’ll gain ground.  Abortion is very popular in this culturally decrepit country, and anyone who pushes against it will pay a hard price at the ballot box.  That said, it still should be opposed, because saving the lives of the unborn is a noble cause.  There are other more important goals to be reached than those of winning elections.

I'm not just talking about the issue of abortion, I'm talking about standing by conservative principles period. Otherwise, what then is the difference between a conservative and a liberal?  If we continue to go along with liberalism to get votes, we lose. and that is exactly what has happened. Conservatives have moved to the center and in some cases to the left and it has cost us dearly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That's how they just won in Wisc with the election of their State Supreme court....the Dems went to all the colleges and the women stood in line from the parking lot to vote...and this is just Wisc..think nationwide.

We saw voter reaction in the 2022 midterms.

Offline ScottinVA

????  So as conservatives are we supposed to surrender and allow abortions at any level, including partial birth and after birth abortions?  This isn't a matter of getting votes this is a matter of doing what is morally correct. 

As long as conservatives don't stand by their principles conservatism will never prevail.

Gee, let's encourage and allow a couple hundred more abortions to win votes.  *****rollingeyes*****  To me that's just plain sick.

I didn’t say that.  I merely said abortion is popular in this country and those who get in the way will pay at the ballot box.  That’s an undeniable fact that was proven out in November.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Once the US Supreme Court strikes down the 19th Amendment, GOP won't have to worry about women voters any more.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline ScottinVA

I'm not just talking about the issue of abortion, I'm talking about standing by conservative principles period. Otherwise, what then is the difference between a conservative and a liberal?  If we continue to go along with liberalism to get votes, we lose. and that is exactly what has happened. Conservatives have moved to the center and in some cases to the left and it has cost us dearly.

What has cost us dearly is the country is moving hard to the left and conservative positions don’t have the same appeal as they did decades ago.  Gen-Z voters are streaming in large numbers into the electorate and they are decisively leftist across the board.  Among those liberal positions is a demand for legal abortion.  No, we as conservatives should not surrender our position on it, but let’s not fool ourselves into thinking this country is still center-right.  That train left the station long ago.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 09:57:08 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline libertybele

So are we supposed to get in line and agree with abortions to get votes???

That very well may be how they will win, but for far too long conservatives have compromised their principles and it is now costing us our country.

We have allowed the liberal indoctrination of our youth and now that has carried over to those of voting age. 

Meeting liberals in the middle and going against our own principles is what has cost us elections. 

Offline libertybele

What has cost us dearly is the country is moving hard to the left and conservative positions don’t have the same appeal as they did decades ago.  Gen-Z voters are streaming in large numbers into the electorate and they are decisively leftist across the board and among those liberal positions is a demand for legal abortion.  No, we as conservatives should not surrender our position on it, but let’s not fool ourselves into thinking this country is still center-right.  That train left the station long ago.

So what you are stating is conservatism is absolutely dead, that liberalism is the way to go.  It has won in the past and it will now win in the future which may be the case.  I refuse to surrender my principles. 

We as conservatives have compromised and move to the left of center to gain votes.  Look where that's gotten us.