Author Topic: Parler Has Been Acquired, and Shut Down  (Read 371 times)

Offline Kamaji

Parler Has Been Acquired, and Shut Down
« on: April 14, 2023, 07:42:00 pm »
Apparently, Parler is no more.

It was acquired by an outfit called Starboard.  The site itself is down, and a simple notice in its place:

Alexandria, VA – April 14, 2023 – Starboard (Formerly, Olympic Media) announced today that it has concluded the acquisition of Parler, the world’s pioneering uncancelable free speech platform.

No reasonable person believes that a Twitter clone just for conservatives is a viable business any more. By refocusing on the cloud and IT infrastructure space George Farmer has done an exceptional job at successfully leading Parlement into a critically important industry where it has already begun to excel.

Starboard is the perfect home for the Parler brand and its longtime loyal users. “Parler’s large user base and additional strategic assets represent an enormous opportunity for Starboard to continue to build aggressively in our media and publishing business. The team at Parler has built an exceptional audience and we look forward to integrating that audience across all of our existing platforms.” said Ryan Coyne, CEO of Starboard.

While the Parler app as it is currently constituted will be pulled down from operation to undergo a strategic assessment, we at Starboard see tremendous opportunities across multiple sectors to continue to serve marginalized or even outright censored communities – even extending beyond domestic politics.

Source:  https://parler.com/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Parler Has Been Acquired, and Shut Down
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 09:59:20 pm »
Who funded this "acquisition" and resulting shutdown?

I don't believe it's the company that actually "did the buying"... (Starboard).

Sumthin' else goin' on here...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Parler Has Been Acquired, and Shut Down
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 09:26:56 am »
Who funded this "acquisition" and resulting shutdown?

I don't believe it's the company that actually "did the buying"... (Starboard).

Sumthin' else goin' on here...
One way or another, the Left wants to dominate the narrative. Even if they have to spend their own money (which it might not be).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis