Author Topic: Trump, Newsom echo each other's attacks in effort to take down DeSantis  (Read 1153 times)

Online libertybele

Trump, Newsom echo each other's attacks in effort to take down DeSantis

On the surface, former President Donald Trump and California Gov. Gavin Newsom would seem to be political foes, but they appear to share the same goal: taking down Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

In recent weeks, both Trump and Newsom have launched relentless attacks against DeSantis, using similar arguments and talking points not only to target the Florida governor's record but also seemingly to push him out of the 2024 presidential race before he ever enters it.

Meanwhile, Trump and Newsom have refrained from targeting each other harshly, even when given the opportunity to do so, creating a curious political situation in which the nation's most prominent Republican and one of its most prominent Democrats are seemingly allied in directing their political ire toward DeSantis.

Newsom, a Democrat, has been regularly attacking DeSantis for the several months, calling the Florida Republican a "bully," airing a TV ad slamming his governorship, and even challenging him to a debate...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-newsom-echo-each-others-attacks-effort-take-down-desantis
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Lol

Maybe Trump will pick Gavin Newsom as his running mate :rolling:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump, Newsom echo each other's attacks in effort to take down DeSantis

On the surface, former President Donald Trump and California Gov. Gavin Newsom would seem to be political foes, but they appear to share the same goal: taking down Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.

In recent weeks, both Trump and Newsom have launched relentless attacks against DeSantis, using similar arguments and talking points not only to target the Florida governor's record but also seemingly to push him out of the 2024 presidential race before he ever enters it.

Meanwhile, Trump and Newsom have refrained from targeting each other harshly, even when given the opportunity to do so, creating a curious political situation in which the nation's most prominent Republican and one of its most prominent Democrats are seemingly allied in directing their political ire toward DeSantis.

Newsom, a Democrat, has been regularly attacking DeSantis for the several months, calling the Florida Republican a "bully," airing a TV ad slamming his governorship, and even challenging him to a debate...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-newsom-echo-each-others-attacks-effort-take-down-desantis

What is that we're constantly told about judging politicians by their allies....

Offline LMAO

What is that we're constantly told about judging politicians by their allies....

BOOM!!!!!
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

Ouch!

Offline LMAO

From the article….

In recent weeks, both Trump and Newsom have launched relentless attacks against DeSantis, using similar arguments and talking points

Of course they are

Barry Goldwater

Online kevindavis007

So Trump's true colors are showing that he is truly a Democrat.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online libertybele

He doesn't care what side of the aisle he takes as long as he thinks it will get him the nomination.  Whatever happened to "lock her up"???  That was nothing more than one of his sales pitches.  He never ever went after her and yet he attacked his GOP opponents unmercifully. 

For both of them to go after DeSantis he is a definite threat. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Lol

Maybe Trump will pick Gavin Newsom as his running mate :rolling:

Both Newsom and Trump want the oval office.  DeSantis is standing in their way should he decide to run.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

He doesn't care what side of the aisle he takes as long as he thinks it will get him the nomination.

I think you nailed it.  That is exactly what he stands for -- himself.

Whatever happened to "lock her up"???  That was nothing more than one of his sales pitches.  He never ever went after her and yet he attacked his GOP opponents unmercifully.   

The thing is, I actually thought not going after her after he won the election was the right move.  It would have looked like he was using the justice system to punish a political opponent (just as the Democrats are doing now), and would have been the wrong thing to do for that reason.  However, as much as I'd like to say "Okay, he did the right thing", you are absolutely right that it was the opposite of what he was telling his supporters during the campaign.  And that goes to the point you made above -- he will say or so whatever it takes to get elected, because that ultimately is all he really stands for.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump, Newsom echo each other's attacks in effort to take down DeSantis
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2023, 08:17:45 pm »

Trump runs  DeSantis attack ads on Fox News every night at least on every prime time show.

I hope everyone who donates him in this post-Bragg grift realizes that, and knows where their money is going.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2023, 08:21:09 pm »
The other part of this is that Trump came on Tucker's show earlier this week to say that he liked Newsome, and that he didn't criticize Newsome while he was President because Newsome said nice things about him:

The unlikely lovefest between Trump and Newsom: ‘He’s so nice to me’

During Tuesday night's interview with Tucker Carlson, Trump visibly shocked the Fox News host by revealing "he gets along with" the California governor and refusing to disparage Newsom in spite of ample bait from Carlson.

"I used to get along great with him when I was president. We got along really good, Gavin," Trump said.

"Wait, you got along with Gavin Newsom?!" Carlson shot back in astonishment. The host has long raged at Newsom and even recently warned on his broadcast that Newsom could be the Democrats' 2024 contingency plan if President Joe Biden falters.

"He was always very nice to me. He said the greatest things. He would say things like 'Oh, he's doing a great job,'" Trump added. "That's why I could never hit him because he was so nice to me."

I mean, just think about that.  Policy didn't matter, and the fact that Newsome was ruining California didn't matter to Trump either.   What was more important to Trump was that Newsome was nice personally to him.  And that is just so consistent with what we know of him.  The Clintons were nice to him, so he didn't want to go after Hillary.  Newsome was nice to him, so he left him alone as well.  But if a conservative dares to utter a word of criticism of Trump, or even just appears to be insufficiently deferential, he'll got after him full bore.  Despite alleged agreement on the issues.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2023, 08:22:17 pm »
Trump runs  DeSantis attack ads on Fox News every night at least on every prime time show.

I hope everyone who donates him in this post-Bragg grift realizes that, and knows where their money is going.

IMO Trumpsters are going to blindly donate to him regardless of what he says or does. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2023, 08:28:56 pm »
Team DeSantis fires back at Newsom, other Dem governors with postcards celebrating 'Florida's freedom'

EXCLUSIVE: Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis' team is firing back at Democrat governors like California Gov. Gavin Newsom who criticized the Sunshine State for its coronavirus policies by providing an update on Florida residents who previously fled from states that imposed "disastrous policies" and "lockdowns."

In a digital postcard to "Democrat governors," DeSantis' team celebrated "Florida's freedom" and the new residents who moved to the state amid "lockdowns, vaccine mandates and devastating school closures" from other governors during the coronavirus pandemic.

"Dear Democrat Governors, now that your boss in the White House has finally admitted COVID is over, we wanted to send an update on the new Florida residents who fled your disastrous policies since the pandemic began," the narrator said in the video. "Without your lockdowns, vaccine mandates and devastating school closures, our new residents have been greatly enjoying the restored freedoms."

"We know you also enjoyed a taste of Florida's freedom on your own lockdown getaway here," the narrator said in a direct jab at Newsom, who made a visit to the state last week..........

Online libertybele

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2023, 08:34:40 pm »
FTA:

'You have a very ambitious guy in California, but he’s done a terrible job with the state," said Trump. "I used to get along great with him when I was president. Got along really good . . . Gavin."

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2023, 08:36:28 pm »
He doesn't care what side of the aisle he takes as long as he thinks it will get him the nomination.  Whatever happened to "lock her up"???  That was nothing more than one of his sales pitches.  He never ever went after her and yet he attacked his GOP opponents unmercifully. 

For both of them to go after DeSantis he is a definite threat. 

Basically, he's showing himself more and more to be like Bloomberg was when he was NYC mayor.  Bloomberg only registered as a republican in order to run for Mayor of NYC because there was too long of a waiting list for potential mayoral candidates on the DNC side - Bloomberg didn't want to have to bide his time and wait his turn, and the republicans were absolutely desperate to find someone they could put a fig-leaf on and call a replacement for Giuliani because they in fact didn't have a plausible replacement for Giuliani.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2023, 08:37:47 pm »

Exposing Ronny's Congressional voting record (which is what the ad does) is not an attack ad.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2023, 08:41:55 pm »
Policy didn't matter, and the fact that Newsome was ruining California didn't matter to Trump either.

FTA:

'You have a very ambitious guy in California, but he’s done a terrible job with the state," said Trump. "I used to get along great with him when I was president. Got along really good . . . Gavin."

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2023, 08:44:24 pm »
Just a friendly reminder:. Trump doesn't throw the first punch; he counter-punches, multiple times.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2023, 08:48:28 pm »
It’s obvious that Trump’s tactic is to attack any republican challengers from the left, not just DeSantis

And no, this isn’t 600th dimensional chess

Barry Goldwater

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2023, 09:04:03 pm »
Just a friendly reminder:. Trump doesn't throw the first punch; he counter-punches, multiple times.
I think you spelled 'Slings Mud' wrong, and I remember well his counter punches to Cruz when he accused Cruz's dad of being complicit in JFK's assassination and his attacking of Cruz's wife...maybe you could remind what punch DeSantis threw at Trump before Trump counter punched slung mud at DeSantis.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2023, 09:05:24 pm »

:mauslaff:

No, he doesn't.  He slings mud, first and frequently.

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2023, 09:11:05 pm »
Exposing Ronny's Congressional voting record (which is what the ad does) is not an attack ad.

I wouldn't expect Trump to create an ad that wasn't swayed to form an opinion -- that's politics.  I still find it very interesting that Trump is attacking a conservative that hasn't even announced.  He is threatened by DeSantis BIGLY!  :silly:

https://www.congress.gov/member/ron-desantis/D000621?q=%7B%22subject%22%3A%22Government+Operations+and+Politics%22%7D

He's done darn good as a conservative governor and his record speaks volumes.  When we have Trump and the leftists going after DeSantis that indicates to me that DeSantis is doing a lot of things right and they are very intimidated by him. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2023, 09:22:20 pm »

I am going to bookmark that silly comment, when you counter later about any disparing comments about Trump's campaign ditty around Freedom Cities and Jetson Cars.  Remember.....  those won't be attack ads or comments either.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.