Author Topic: A job that’s made for her’: Mayor Adams appoints NYC’s new rat czar  (Read 161 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Mayor Eric Adams has named Kathleen Corradi as the city’s “rat czar,” a new post that builds on the administration’s efforts to curb New York City's dreaded rat population. Corradi will coordinate across agencies to handle rats, working with sanitation and health departments to help reduce their numbers.

“We needed a maestro,” Adams said at a news conference on Wednesday in Harlem. "We needed someone who understood, who had the track record, who was focused on it."

Corradi previously worked at the city education department, where she handled rat mitigation at public schools.

"I have a long history with rats," said Corradi in prepared remarks. "Rats are the symptom of systemic issues, including sanitation, health, housing and economic justice."

https://gothamist.com/news/a-job-thats-made-for-her-mayor-adams-appoints-nycs-new-rat-czar
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
While it’s true that NYC has a rat problem, the title of “rat tsar” makes me giggle.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

While it’s true that NYC has a rat problem, the title of “rat tsar” makes me giggle.
What do you want to be when you grow up, Kathleen?

Well, I was kinda thinking of some sort of tsar, maybe something in the pest or rodent category ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

TMNT Rat King: