Author Topic: Media Ignores Real-World Data When It Comes to Tornadoes and Climate Change  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Media Ignores Real-World Data When It Comes to Tornadoes and Climate Change
By Anthony Watts -April 11, 20230

This article originally appeared in American Thinker on April 7, 2023.

After the recent devastating tornadoes in the Midwest and South, some media outlets scrambled to try to link the weather events to climate change, when in fact there is no hard data to support this. In fact, tornado data refute claims that tornadoes are increasing in number, range, or severity. However, Salon, Axios, and the Washington Post among others ran articles suggesting climate change is expanding the length of tornado season and area over which tornadoes commonly form, as well as adding ingredients to the atmosphere to make more and bigger tornadoes.

The Salon article, “How climate change made the Mississippi tornadoes more likely,” (actually a reprint from Grist) claimed, “That added ingredient of more heat and moisture is going to be the big thing that will influence what happens and we can expect potentially worse tornado outbreaks,” said William Gallus, a professor of meteorology at Iowa State University.

Axios piled on with “What we know about how climate change affects tornado outbreaks,” which claims, “We also have expectations that the number of severe thunderstorms (hail, wind, tornado) will probably increase in the U.S.”

https://climaterealism.com/2023/04/media-ignores-real-world-data-when-it-comes-to-tornadoes-and-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson