Author Topic: Greetings from Planet Biden: Janet Yellen says the U.S. economy is 'obviously performing exceptional  (Read 469 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
April 12, 2023
Greetings from Planet Biden: Janet Yellen says the U.S. economy is 'obviously performing exceptionally well'
By Monica Showalter

Inflation is kicking back up. The dollar is falling. People are pulling money out of even big banks now and buying gold. The dollar is losing its reserve status. Discouraged workers are dropping out of the workforce. Layoffs are coming. And recession is "baked in the cake."

But don't tell Janet Yellen, Joe Biden's Treasury secretary.

Out on Planet Biden, the nutty professor is telling us the economy is in good shape.

According to Fox Business (video here):

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said the U.S. economy and America’s financial system are doing well despite headwinds caused by the recent banking crisis and the Fed’s efforts to tame inflation.

Yellen spoke at a press conference Tuesday to mark the beginning of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund’s spring meetings and said that while there is still a chance of a credit contraction and economic downturn, she’s optimistic about the trajectory of the U.S. economy.

"I’ve not really seen evidence at this stage suggesting a contraction in credit, although that is a possibility," Yellen said. "I believe our banking system remains strong and resilient. It has solid capital and liquidity, and the U.S. economy is obviously performing exceptionally well with continued solid job creation, inflation gradually moving down, robust consumer spending. So I’m not anticipating a downturn in the economy, although, of course, that remains a risk."

That would be news to the IMF, of course, which foresees about a 50% dropoff in economic growth in the U.S. by next year, Fox Business noted, going from the already-meager 2.1% last year to 1.6% this year and 1.1% next year. Those are recession-style figures.

Not to worry, though, says Yellen. The economy is going swimmingly.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/04/greetings_from_planet_biden_janet_yellen_says_the_us_economy_is_obviously_performing_exceptionally_well.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How will banks and insurance companies respond to 30 year Treasury Bonds becoming a "risky" investment?

This is the 2023 equivalent of money market funds "breaking the buck" in 2008.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 05:27:09 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sorry I watched some of Yellen's testimony in the hearings and was left with the distinct impression that she is less than a half step behind Brandon in the mental ability department so I can see where she thinks everything is okie dokey considering she is trying to bullshit everyone to cover her and Brandon's

Offline libertybele

Sorry I watched some of Yellen's testimony in the hearings and was left with the distinct impression that she is less than a half step behind Brandon in the mental ability department so I can see where she thinks everything is okie dokey considering she is trying to bullshit everyone to cover her and Brandon's

Brandon's entire administration is either a half step behind him in their mental acuity or fruit loops.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Brandon's entire administration is either a half step behind him in their mental acuity or fruit loops.
I just realized who Yellen reminded me of in those hearings....Aunt Clara from the old Bewitched TV show, befuddled, bemused and anything but competent.

Offline libertybele

I just realized who Yellen reminded me of in those hearings....Aunt Clara from the old Bewitched TV show, befuddled, bemused and anything but competent.

:rolling:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

:mauslaff:

Offline mountaineer

The compliant snooze media report that grocery prices are down for the first time since 2020!!! Hooray! Joe Biden is the best!!!
https://www.aol.com/finance/inflation-eggs-other-grocery-prices-133924045.html

Funny, the eggs at my local Kroger went up .40 per dozen from last week.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org