Author Topic: DHS IG: Agency Misspent Millions Welcoming Illegal Aliens Released by Biden  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS IG: Agency Misspent Millions Welcoming Illegal Aliens Released by Biden

PUBLISHED:  Thu, MAR 30th 2023 @ 6:16 pm EDT
According to a new Inspector General report, the Department of Homeland Security misspent a large portion of the money used on its program to pay nonprofits to welcome illegal aliens caught and released into the country.

The IG reported that DHS was wrong in failing to oversee how the money provided by the government to these nonprofits was spent. The report added that more than half of the funds paid by DHS in the humanitarian relief program of the Emergency Food and Shelter Program “may have been spent improperly.”

The money was intended to be paid to local nonprofits to assist in conducting COVID testing, providing bus or plane tickets for illegal aliens to enter the country further, and assisting them with housing and other needs once they arrive.

The Washington Times summarised the audit’s findings:

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/dhs-ig-agency-misspent-millions-welcoming-illegal-aliens-released-biden
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Of course.