Author Topic: Vivek Ramaswamy Destroys NYC Comptroller Over Green Investing  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY HAROLD HUTCHISON ON APR 12, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Vivek Ramaswamy Destroys NYC Comptroller Over Green Investing

vivek last callRepublican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy sparred with New York City Comptroller Brad Lander on Tuesday over considering green investments for pension plans.

“I am frankly worried about the pension plan participants in the funds because fossil fuel companies dramatically outperform the S&P by almost 80% and they outperformed the very ESG funds that divested from fossil fuel companies by nearly 100%,” Ramaswamy said during an appearance on CNBC’s “Last Call.”

Two pension funds for New York City employees and teachers announced they would adopt the goal of “net zero” carbon emissions by 2040, Pensions & Investments reported Wednesday.

“And yet, these ESG plans, including, with respect to Brad, the one released by New York City, calls for divesting from exactly the sectors that even over the last 12 months have dramatically outperformed.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/vivek-ramaswamy-destroys-nyc-comptroller-over-green-investing/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson